Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

Suitable Templar Tank/DPS build

IzzyDerm15
IzzyDerm15
Soul Shriven
Just gave up on NB and rolled a templar...

Is this hybrid even possible? I presume dual wield is out of the question, but I figure if I am already going melee with a tank build, at least there would be some DPS type moves to throw in to slice and dice my way through mobs???

I would appreciate any links or suggestions
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    rerol DK, don t waste u time building a templar, belive me.
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on May 27, 2014 6:16AM
    Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Templar tank can use Blazing Shield to "reflect back" 50% of damage taken during duration of the shield when ability expires. FREE DPS for staying alive.

Backlash..."Stores" damage for 6 seconds and procs 30% of damage mob receives to mob. Either morph is ok.

Other 3 abilities can really be whatever you like. FYI the 2 abilities I mentioned you don't have to use either but why not a cast and forget to simply do your job right?
    Options
  • sCouraGeFire
    Don't roll a templar unless you intend on being a healer and destro/resto staff user with light armour. Melee DPS templars are no good, and bash was the only viable 1h/s ability until they nerfed it. As a templar you will rely on volcanic rune way too much in vet levels, without the magicka regen to use your class skills effectively, and we all know that stamina skills are terrible compared to magicka based.

Might aswell roll a Sorc or DK if you intend on doing anything in the game.

Edit: you will not realize how bad templars are until you get to vet content. I 1h/s tanked my way to vet levels and ever since have had to rely on groups, a pack of 3 will kill you 90% of the time.
    Edited by sCouraGeFire on May 30, 2014 10:46PM
    Options