Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is DK dual wield viable? (ANSWERED)

DystarNightussb14_ESO
just wondering, was thinking with full med armor, dual wield passives, thief stone, 2 precise daggers, then sneak attacking something with flame whip, popping the morphed for crit molten weapon, then doing that multi stab dual wield ability, should take care of the caster in a group fairly quickly? Anyone out there got a DK Dual Wield build that is viable in VR content for soloing or single target boss damage in groups?

UPDATE: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/26lu8d/alacrity_the_eleven_minute_trial_guild_what_do/
after reading that and seeing what the top DPS dk's are doing its obvous ZOS wants everyone to use a fire staff, and out of those everyone they want DK to be best at it. GG I'm off to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the Star Citizen alpha to come out.
Edited by DystarNightussb14_ESO on May 30, 2014 9:10PM
  • Road2insanity777
    Road2insanity777
    ✭✭✭
    Doing almost the same thing but in light armor with the night mothers gaze set. I'm V10 and it seems very viable to me.
  • DystarNightussb14_ESO
    Light armor? I could understand maybe 2light 5 medium for some mana regen and stam regen, but dont you lose alot of crit rating by going full light? you'd gain spell crit but none of the abilities i"m talking about go off spell crit just weapon crit. +you lose the passive stam regen and sneaking bonus from the med armor. At 3critx7med=21 crit rating youd be losing by doing light armor instead.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not even sure you really need a weapon...
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    Dual Wield DK has some EPIC dps with the fury attack paired with the molten weapon buff. Throw in a searing strike every so often and you can take out bosses in no time. (There are more skills you can add to make it even better, I am just saying the two most noticeable to me) For a DK any fire DoT you can stack on a mob/ boss is going to increase your DPS by huge amounts.
  • DystarNightussb14_ESO
    Lol gisgo, I know what you mean. The reason I"m asking these questions is because after doing a craglorn kardela farming run before the knee jerk nerf "OH GOD we screwed up, quick remove all loot and xp until we figure out wtf to do" I was going through it and noticed that when we had a DK dps with us the boss would drop ALOT faster then if it was another templar dps (I"m ranged templar dps) or a nightblade or a sorcerer.

Finally on the last run before the nerf I asked the DK in my group what his average dps was on the boss alone and he was 'oh about 900-1100dps average'. I"m like WTF?!?!? After talking with some other dps'rs I know and watching my stats I found that on average templars were ranging between 350-490 dps, sorcerers 400-550. Didnt even bother asking NB's cause... well yeah I'll ask them after ZOS stops spouting broke new content and actually fixes them. But all the DK dps'rs I talked to all were like 'yeah man I"m doing about 800-1100dps average to bosses'.

So I decided to reroll as a dual wielding DK. Now, I was HALFWAY tempted to roll a NB thinking 'oh *** this class will be the FotM after they fix it'. But then I realized that no, its not going to get fixed anytime soon, they're too busy suing Occulus Rift for theft of intellectual property to care about whats going on in what should be their cash cow "Sorry guys, we know you weren't doing *** with VR so don't act like you were, it's like the divorcee who's spouse hits a lottery AFTER the divorce is final trying to get more money.'

So after this wall of random text I just wanted to ask one more time, full medium armor for stam regen/crit chance? Was thinking that the only time I"ll use mana is to do the dots, self heal and activate molten armor, and maybe I could put the 'does magic damage, returns magicka' enchants on my two daggers? I just started the khajit dual wield DK using 7 pieces medium, all with training, and both 3 set bonuses of those 'adds 100 armor'. its a blast
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Just started a Dual Weild DK now that I'm in the Vet zones, Mix of Hvy?Med till I get the passives up. But its more than doable, lots of good passives for those you've knocked down or rooted. So Giant Fist/Talons are good to help out as you get a nice boost on them. I use the breath attack as well so I can root, AoE the group, knock one down and then attack them. Then root again and off you go. I can whittle groups down okay with this.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't played my Dark Elf dual wield DK in awhile but it was very viable.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rolled duel wield DK. Focused on AoE snares and damage mitigation. Mix of heavy and medium armor. Tje reason DK dps is so retardedly good is because almost every class skill is a dot of some kind.
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Im not even sure you really need a weapon...

This is true. I drop standard and block.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • atomikrej
    atomikrej
    ✭✭
    I play mostly exclusively DK duel wield. Currently questing in vr 4 zones. It works well enough. I like to start with immovable and molten weapons then use shattering rocks to lock out an enemy for 15 seconds eg. a mender then dps down the other mobs with mix of blood craze and light attacks. Always drop the standard of night when fighting a boss if I can. And of course coagulating blood when low on health. I'm sure there's more efficient ways to beat the mobs but this seems reasonably risk free in pve so far.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    atomikrej wrote: »
    I play mostly exclusively DK duel wield. Currently questing in vr 4 zones. It works well enough. I like to start with immovable and molten weapons then use shattering rocks to lock out an enemy for 15 seconds eg. a mender then dps down the other mobs with mix of blood craze and light attacks. Always drop the standard of night when fighting a boss if I can. And of course coagulating blood when low on health. I'm sure there's more efficient ways to beat the mobs but this seems reasonably risk free in pve so far.
    Whirlwind.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • atomikrej
    atomikrej
    ✭✭
    Well I was using whirlwind for the longest time but recently swapped molten armanents. I find that on the whole molten armanents gives more damage output to a single enemy. Whirlwind is great as a finisher but the damage is a bit weak when enemy HP is high. Also the animation takes a noticeable time and you can't attack while its happening.
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    I'm not sure what my final set up will be, but right now I am going more of a light armor setup with 5/2 light/med. My magicka spells are what keep me going in a fight, so i decided to focus towards them even though I'm a hybrid. I buff up with shattering shield for the alpha strike/damage when it pops, burning breath them to debuff their armor, hit them with burning talons, position myself so I am taking less hits and whirlwind them as they burn to death. Green dragon blood as needed in a pinch.

My single target bar isn't used as often, but it is blood craze, searing strike, rapid strikes, stonefist for CC/ranged, and green dragon blood. I tried molten weapons instead of dragon blood, but I got annoyed and hated switching and having the delay when in trouble. Realistically, I would be using that to buff up first in every situation, I just have limited space.

I haven't really tried optimizing completely yet. I wonder if a med armor focus would work better, since that's where the burst damage components of my attacks are coming from.
  • DystarNightussb14_ESO
    disregard this whole thread please. Just saw http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/26lu8d/alacrity_the_eleven_minute_trial_guild_what_do/
    apparently the top DPS all use fire staff, just like my templar, but do a crapton more damage with it then the other classes. GG.