Nightblade dual wield vs one hand and shield

KoooZ
KoooZ
✭✭
So besides the skills, what does dual wielding have over a shield for normal attacks? I tried and couldn't find a difference in attack speed, just alternating the weapon and using both for power attack.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you're missing Whirlwind.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I use a 2hander on my nightblade =P all about the burst damage.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skills are what make the weapons, also I am pretty sure just the basic attacking is more powerful with Dual Wield, but I personally like the survival of one hand and shield so I use it with my NB.
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
    Options
  • Bretentious
    Bretentious
    ✭✭
    Look at your stats page when you equip a second weapon. Roughly 20% of your second weapon's skill is added to your weapon damage stat, which applies to every weapon attack (including skills).
    Edited by Bretentious on April 7, 2014 5:27AM
    Options
  • feniks31_ESO
    feniks31_ESO
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Personally I use a 2hander on my nightblade =P all about the burst damage.
    then why u use 2h? For aoe damage?

Options
  • Beeftips
    Beeftips
    ✭✭✭
    Duel Wield is a poopy skill set except for 1 skill, hidden blade. In pvp I stealth, open with veiled strike then spam hidden blade. I usually kill people in 3-4 hits.
    Options
  • Phenomen
    Phenomen
    ✭✭
    I'm full magicka NB and don't use weapon skills at all since class skills just oneshot mobs if you have magicka cap + good crit. 1h+shield is best for me since it's extra armor +armor enchantment + set item.
    Options
  • dangutang
    dangutang
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tried using one hand and shield stuns (power bash or shield charge) in conjunction with the stun from invis+veiled strike? Seems like you could infinitely lock someone down...used with mark target, seems even better! Really want to try but need to level up one hand shield first. Has anyone tried this already?
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One hander skills (especially the stuns) take up a real good chunk of stamina and ofcourse in PvP there is CC immunity so multiple CC's like that are a waste. In PvE Power Bash is nice because you disorient them so it's a pretty long CC but your damage is going to be higher with DW due to having more weapon damage and being able to use your skills a few more times before you are drained since they cost a little less but you lose out on the defense from the shield.

Heavy attacks with DW also attack with both weapons so you get both enchants to proc in 1 hit I believe. You also have whirlwind for AoE.
    Options