Delay between skills now?

wootuz
wootuz
Soul Shriven
Anyone notice you can't "spam" skills now. There is a couple second delay between when you can cast them?

For instance cast Biting Jibs....try to recast....try to recast....try to recast. finally it fires.
  • Shiroro
    Shiroro
    ✭✭✭
    Biting Jabs now triggers a universal cooldown. Why a universal cooldown? Because Zenimax thinks that will somehow slow bots down. Why would they think this would stop bots? We'll never know. This change would've never passed QC in any major studio. They messed up a lot of stuff in this patch BAD.
    Options
  • Travail
    Travail
    ✭✭✭
    That was a problem before the patch. I notice this all the time (started happening about a week after launch... didn't really notice it in the beta weekends, or during early access.)

It's quite annoying. I've just come to accept that ESO combat will always be clunky and unresponsive.

edit: I see what the OP means, now. It's actually different than the ability delay I was experiencing before. This new "universal cooldown" in Biting Jabs is definitely worse.

-Travail.
    Edited by Travail on May 23, 2014 3:45AM
    www.obsidianbrotherhood.com
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What the actual @#$*€#$# ZOS!? Why implement such bs buildbreaking changes to prevent botting, instead of actually fixing the problem? This is *** beyond belief. Sorry for the rage but this is just unacceptable. First we have to endure bots, and now we suffer even more?
    Options
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not "skills"

It seems to be a puncturing strikes and morhps exclusive nerf.

Really screwed up templars since thats our ONLY dps.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your patience as we tracked this one down. We have an answer for you.

In patch 1.1.2, we increased the internal cooldown of Biting Jabs from 0.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds. Unfortunately, this change was not documented in the patch notes. This was not intended, and we do apologize.

This change was made to balance the ability's high single target damage. However we have been reading your feedback, and agree that the ability feels too unresponsive now. We will be reverting this change for the next patch (as soon as possible), and instead will slightly increase the ability's resource cost.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Ilterendi
    Ilterendi
    ✭✭✭
    Well...at least you're not nightblades...
    Options
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 days now, still have not acknowledged they screwed up and added a 1.2 second GLOBAL cooldown instead of adding 0.7 seconds to the internal cooldown on this skill. Would love for Zenimax to acknowledge this, but I guess they have too many other epic failures in the latest patch to fix before they do.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
    Options