The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Here is how you fix the graphic issue that leaves your guys looking like plastic!

lostnknox
lostnknox
✭✭
Okay so I have seen many people post about this and being the person I am, I fooled around with all the graphics settings on my mac and figured out how to make the "effect" go away. First go to the graphic settings and turn the settings to low. After you do that just scale the settings back up to where you had them without actually using the games settings for it. I swear it works or at least it works for me. I am on a mac book pro i7 AMD Radeon HD 6750M.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, there was some discussion a while back how changing settings from the default ones (Minimum, Low, Medium, High, Ultra-High) did not actually set some things. If I remember correctly the default settings actually change more than is shown in settings.

So I normally play Ultra-High with Shadow Quality to Medium and now View Distance to 62 as it was before 1.1.2 and Depth of Filed Off as I don;t like it. These all work fine and I have the very nice textures for character, NPCs and other things.

If I di it the way described, setting it ti Minimum then tweaking to the same settings in fact then I Apply and it looks worse as it misses some of these settings.

So not quite sure how it is working you way :)

But it is worth to use a default setting to get some settings to actually work, then tweak the options but it may miss some things.