The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

My 560 oc ti nvidia card is overheating after last patch.

games99b16_ESO
games99b16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I had no issues with overheating before the last patch. Running on high settings max rendering view and some settings on ultra.
Had stable fps around 50 to 60. Now its all shite with overheating even when i lowered most settings and installed latest driver. Now together with constant loading screens in middle of nowhere. Mid fights and so on the game really getting on my nervs.
How can you release a patch in this unstable condition?
The game is in a really poor condition atm :-(
  • richardjameshillb16_ESO
    Same card (EVGA 560 TI OC) same issue,
    After the patch my FPS improved (by about 10 fps, I guess due to Full screen mode)

But My card temps have gone from never going much above 60-65 to around 70-80 in Veteran Stone haven.

I would appreciate If anyone has some ideas what may be causing the Issue. (I have the very latest driver, and no trouble in other games, the issue arrived only after patch 1.1.2)

Thanks
    Edited by richardjameshillb16_ESO on May 25, 2014 9:49PM
    Options
  • games99b16_ESO
    games99b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I did follow your instructions for Nvidia cards and so far its working fine again. Dont know if it was something you did in maintnance today. But i'm happy i can play without any crash in two hours play :)

Nvidia Video Card.
    Open the Nvidia control panel. This can be done usually by clicking the appropriate icon in the bottom right of the computer on the Task Bar. You can also right-click directly on your desktop and you should see Nvidia Control Panel in the list.
    Under 3D settings, select the Manage 3D Settings. The Manage 3D Settings window displays on the right.
    Click the Program Settings tab at the top in the Window on the right.
    Your first step is to select a program to customize. Click the drop down and select eso.exe.
    Your second step shows a list of settings for the program. We need to look for the Feature Power Management Mode and change the option on the right to Prefer maximum performance.
    At the bottom select Apply and close out of the Nvidia Control Panel.
    Now try running the game as administrator
    Edited by games99b16_ESO on May 26, 2014 9:14AM
    Options
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the game was running smoothly before the 1.1.2 patch

My hardware should be able (and it did) to run the game easily (I have i7 3770K, NVIDIA 770 GTX DC2OC, 16Gb 2400Mhz, Sata 3 SSD) and my usual fps is around 100.

After the patch however there's some graphical effects that brings my GFX card to it's knees. Such as in public dungeon there might be a bright light coming down from the ceiling and when the light hits the ground all that area is taking the juice out of my card, some water elements does this too and the "new" portal effects (purple ones). There's probably some other things too.

When this happens my GPU jumps at 100% work load (I'm able to monitor the values from my secondary display all the time) and the actual fps drops somewhere down to 5fps or so (funny thing is that if I actually activate the ingame /fps meter it still shows I have 80-100 fps, in reality that's not even close to that).

I used older Nvidia drivers 332.21 and today I tried out the latest ones 337.88 but that didn't change a thing, it's still pretty much unplayable when the **** hits the fan.

I made a few in-game bug reports about it, so devs - no need to reply with the typical answer. Some of my guild mates have also noticed this happening to them.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options