The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

looking for the bright side to 1.1.2 patch - achievements

Khenarthi
Khenarthi
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello fellow players,

Can anyone confirm that the announced fixes to fishing are working? Are we now able to get the rare fish and their achievements?

What about the 'heavy sack looter' achievement?
PC-EU
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught a Pyandonean Ray 3 times, didn't get the achievement. Haven't checked the other starter islands first but it looks like one of those 'fixes' that aren't actually verified...
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kyoma did you actually get the fish in your inventory? That would be something, at least...
    PC-EU
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried fishing for a few minutes back in beta, but there didn't seem to be any tangible reason to do so. Has that changed? Can you at least use fish as a Provisioning ingredient now?
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coggage‌ I fish to relax, and sometimes get a "wet gunny sack" with stuff like trait stones or runes. Fish can be sold for gold as well, but so far they cannot be used for recipes.
    PC-EU
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think you should have a 1% chance to hook a Dreugh...

Would be great for the Holy-Crap factor on occasion...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Coggage wrote: »
    I tried fishing for a few minutes back in beta, but there didn't seem to be any tangible reason to do so. Has that changed? Can you at least use fish as a Provisioning ingredient now?

Fishing is worthless.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    @Kyoma did you actually get the fish in your inventory? That would be something, at least...

You don't, you get the rare fish directly in the journal, in the correct section