The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Difference between Common horse and 42.7k horses?

LegendaryPow
Hey! I'm considering buying one but is it worth it, I have a 27,20,10 common horse, so if I buy a 42.7k horse will it be a waste of gold?
  • Mango995
    Mango995
    ✭✭
    It has higher attributes at the beginning so you can.level them higher in speed etc.
    Edited by Mango995 on May 24, 2014 6:26AM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also get the pleasure of riding around on a "Cadillac" as you pass by "Civics". ^_^
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Mendra
    Mendra
    ✭✭
    Yes, basically the 42K horses have 10 more point in one of their attribute.

So it's like they have 10 level more than the common horse granted (since one level equal one point for a horse).
    Edited by Mendra on May 24, 2014 6:34AM
  • LegendaryPow
    So if I have 15 speed common horse and 15 speed other horse they'll still run the same speed?
  • LegendaryPow
    Sarenia wrote: »
    You also get the pleasure of riding around on a "Cadillac" as you pass by "Civics". ^_^
    Hahah :)
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    The base horse and imperial horse have 15 speed, 10 stamina, 0 carrying.

Each of the 42K horses is 10 better in 1 stat. Ie..

25 speed, 10 stamina, 0 carry
    15 speed, 20 stamina, 0 carry
    15 speed, 10 stamina, 10 carry.

Given that a horse has 50 levels it can be improved the 42 K horses will all wind up 10 Points better than the base horse and the imperial horse.
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

I would prefer a Civic over a Cadillac any time!
    In general the japanese build better cars then americans.

Technology > nice look

Edited by Hodorius on May 24, 2014 9:52AM
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hodorius‌ I think you need to rethink the Caddies of today.

http://www.cadillac.com/

Horse stats don't really matter, so long as you raise it up. If you get the Palomino, Imperial or even the basic horse you will only down 10 points of whatever stat you really wanted.

That said... Stamina is STILL bugged, so most people wont care about it at all since the horse can sprint forever.

So if you want a horse, get what looks good. For me, I always bet on black!
  • randomriffyrocksprerb18_ESO
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    If you put all points into speed:
    An imperial will have +65% speed
    A 43k horse will have +75% speed

So I figure thats about 6% faster
  • LegendaryPow
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »
    The base horse and imperial horse have 15 speed, 10 stamina, 0 carrying.

Each of the 42K horses is 10 better in 1 stat. Ie..

25 speed, 10 stamina, 0 carry
    15 speed, 20 stamina, 0 carry
    15 speed, 10 stamina, 10 carry.

Given that a horse has 50 levels it can be improved the 42 K horses will all wind up 10 Points better than the base horse and the imperial horse.

Ahhhh! Thanks for the indepth ! I really get it now~! :)
  • LegendaryPow
    If you put all points into speed:
    An imperial will have +65% speed
    A 43k horse will have +75% speed

So I figure thats about 6% faster

That's what I was asking! Thanks for getting it! So I now have a point of buying a new horse thanks!
  • LegendaryPow
    Hawke wrote: »
    @Hodorius‌ I think you need to rethink the Caddies of today.

http://www.cadillac.com/

Horse stats don't really matter, so long as you raise it up. If you get the Palomino, Imperial or even the basic horse you will only down 10 points of whatever stat you really wanted.

That said... Stamina is STILL bugged, so most people wont care about it at all since the horse can sprint forever.

So if you want a horse, get what looks good. For me, I always bet on black!

Hahah yeah, I like the light horse, it looks pretty swish to me :)
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit off topic but it is in connection with horses: is it just me or are the horses (at least my imperial one) a tiny bit faster since patch?
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • LegendaryPow
    Csub wrote: »
    A bit off topic but it is in connection with horses: is it just me or are the horses (at least my imperial one) a tiny bit faster since patch?

I don't believe so, but they should've as you paid for it :P