Give me back 1080 resolution please.

Wolfster
Wolfster
✭✭✭
1920x1080 has always been missing from my available resolutions, however it was possible to set that resolution by editing the usersettings.txt file. Now the game overrides that with 2560x1440 which is detrimental to my frame rate.

So the patch has actually degraded my game experience.

Thanks.
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    That's weird because I play at 1920x1080 without any modifications...
  • mcfaen
    mcfaen
    LavaDrop wrote: »

Me too ...

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfster wrote: »
    1920x1080 has always been missing from my available resolutions, however it was possible to set that resolution by editing the usersettings.txt file. Now the game overrides that with 2560x1440 which is detrimental to my frame rate.

So the patch has actually degraded my game experience.

Thanks.
    The settings can get overridden when changed. You can lock it via Get Info when right clicking but I would not recommend as it may prevent needed changes after a patch etc. But try that way.

Graphics resolution is generally taken from your installed GPU which it uses for supported resolutions. For the MacBook pro is doesn't allow for the highest settings to avoid issues at that high a resolution since beta.
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭
    I can run at 2880x1800, but have never had an option for 1080 - it's just missing from the drop down list. Before 1.1.2 I could edit user settings and it would run fine, now it always reverts back to the native resolution of my external display, which is 1440.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfster wrote: »
    I can run at 2880x1800, but have never had an option for 1080 - it's just missing from the drop down list. Before 1.1.2 I could edit user settings and it would run fine, now it always reverts back to the native resolution of my external display, which is 1440.
    I understood that the 2880x1800 resolution option was removed before live launch as an option because of performance issues trying to run that high a resolution on the graphics card? Given the memory issue currently it makes more sense and is the recommended Apple resolution for 3D gaming (performance, heat generation)
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    I think it's because of undocumented changed brought by the Craglorn patch. Before the patch I could use Fullscreen mode at whatever resolution I wanted. Now, there's no Fullscreen since it reverts to windowed mode. For my iMac (Radeon 6970) it was true Fullscreen. Now I experimented changing resolutions and I'm getting much lower framerates than before. Yesterday on my custom mid-low settings I was getting 40-50 fps. Now I can't get it to anything above mid 30's and sometimes dipping into 20s.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭

Me too.
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    I just discovered an interesting variable that might help:
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "0"
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered an interesting variable that might help:
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "0"
    Not all the available parameters work in the Mac settings. I don't think this does either but need to check again. I think it would just give true Fullscreen which we have already and maybe related to the introduction of that in the PC client in 1.1.2.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's because of undocumented changed brought by the Craglorn patch. Before the patch I could use Fullscreen mode at whatever resolution I wanted. Now, there's no Fullscreen since it reverts to windowed mode. For my iMac (Radeon 6970) it was true Fullscreen. Now I experimented changing resolutions and I'm getting much lower framerates than before. Yesterday on my custom mid-low settings I was getting 40-50 fps. Now I can't get it to anything above mid 30's and sometimes dipping into 20s.
    I believe it is still true Fullscreen (you can check as Vsync works and that shows it's true fulllscreen) I think it's just the way the different windowed modes are described/ default now. Really should have avoided it showing defaulting as it does is misleading.