Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Remember toggle skills and spells on weapon switching

makkon
makkon
✭✭✭
There are some toggle based skills ingame.
But the problem is
1)They all have animation delay to activate
2) Not all players from NA = big delays, so it will take ages to switch weapon and activate toggle.
3) Low amount of spell slots and slow reaction on weapon switching. You should lose 2 slots to use one toggle to be honest....

So my suggestion is
Remember last state of toggle. So if you activate it on slot1 and switch on slot2 - effect will disappear, but right after you switched back - no "toggle activating animation" and toggle already activated like it was before you switch.

Atm toggle machanic is really annoying!
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
    Options
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    ^
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
    Options
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    By toggle, you mean abilities that are persistent effects? More than just things like the nightblade siphoning attacks or maybe molten weapons and critical surge.

Things like mage light and bound armor or volatile familiar would work too?

Can anybody think of something that would do something super powerful from swapping weapons?

Options
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    Sleepydan wrote: »
    By toggle, you mean abilities that are persistent effects? More than just things like the nightblade siphoning attacks or maybe molten weapons and critical surge.

Things like mage light and bound armor or volatile familiar would work too?
    yes. all toggles. including familiar. you are already spent some mana after first activating. why you should do it again?
    ofc pets should keep last HP statement to exclude abusing
    Edited by makkon on May 23, 2014 5:56AM
    Options
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    bump. very actual
    Options
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, having to turn on Leeching Strikes again and again while I switch bars is a real pain. I really wish they did this.
    Options
  • leovuoeb17_ESO
    Nah, I rather want them to make some skills more responsive than taking the easy way out. But at the same time, this game is supposed to have animations and if you are used to "twitch-games" where every skill spell without a cast time goes off directly - at the cost of looking ridiculous even for a cartoon game such as WoW.

Guess it's a fine line between a flowing combat system and characters looking like they're having seizures.
    Options
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    toggle is toggle. I spent 1 slot (them so little) and activate it. why I should activate it every time I swap weapons (or even lose 2 slots to keep it up)?
    I didnt ask about do it global. Just want it better work. As eu player it is very critical

Mb just remove all toggle and make it like buffs? Lets say, 30/60 seconds buffs.
    To be honest, current mechanic is horrible
    Edited by makkon on May 23, 2014 11:08AM
    Options
  • leovuoeb17_ESO
    I think the idea is that it is a toggle becuase you should use it when you need it i.e when out of mana/stamina. If you want it on your other weapon set aswell then place it there on the bar. I understand what you mean but I still don't think this toggle was meant to be a permanent buff (but you can choose to use it as such). Though a faster animation would not hurt.

Also I don't want it as a non-toggle buff in case I want to cancel it due to the punishment to damage when needing to get target to execute mode ASAP. :)
    Options
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    the main idea of toogle is sacrifice something to get some bonuses.
    sacrifice all time free slot, mana/damage to get bonus is enough in term of permanent buff
    Options