The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.1.2 and Animation cancelling

niocwy
niocwy
✭✭✭
Has animation cancelling been removed with the update ?

I mean the old trick were weapon attacks anims could be cancelled by using a skill, and then the skill anim cancelled by using block...

Is this still a thing ?
Edited by niocwy on May 23, 2014 4:35PM
Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
Are you hungry now ?
Good.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see anything in the patch notes addressing it but can't test until I am done with the update download.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Seems not, guess it was a feature after all! *facepalm*

tamrielfoundry.com/topic/ability-delays-did-they-fix-animation-canceling/
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers !
    Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
  • MrDosu
    MrDosu
    Animation cancelling is an integral part of almost every action game out there.

If you have never heard of the concept and think its a 'bug' you just have fat slow fingers.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDosu wrote: »

If you have never heard of the concept and think its a 'bug' you just have fat slow fingers.

Now I know why I always make typos.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭

I've heard of the concept, I never called it a bug (though it could be a bug), and my fingers are fine, thanks. What is the point exactly of what you're saying ?

Edited by niocwy on May 23, 2014 4:57PM
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny in a game that basically uses animation as the cooldown, you think cancelling animations and still getting the damage from the cancel is intended.

If they didnt want the animation to play they'd but a cooldown on every skill.

So i guess in that train of thought I should be able to cancel any cooldown in any other game I play cool

However, just like DCUO they will never change this and all future content will start incorporating the cancelling of animations in the way the encounter is made
    Edited by Arreyanne on May 23, 2014 5:03PM
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭

What the op means is not the actual canceling, thats fine as u noted and needed to make the gameplay smoother. He refers to the fact that in ESO the dmg/effect of a skill is "often" applied at the beginning of the animation and not at the end, so dmg is still applied even if u cancel the skill/animation.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 23, 2014 5:43PM