Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

The imperial race a tank race for PvE?

Bayezid
Bayezid
✭✭
The racial abilities of the imperials:

- Tough - Increases Max Health by 4%. 3 ranks. 4/8/12%

- Conditioning - Increases Max Stamina by 4%. 3 ranks. 4/8/12%

- Red Diamond - Melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 6 Health. 3 ranks

Out of all the races, the imperials have the highest racial bonus to health and stamina.

Both of these attributes are important for tanking especially when using a sword and shield.

Blocking with shield lasts longer with the higher stamina.

More health means you last longer.

Not trying to criticize the imperial race but do you agree that considering these racial bonuses they have, this makes them optimal for tanking especially in PvE?
  • Beerbong_Ginn
    Beerbong_Ginn
    ✭✭✭
    That's one reason why I picked it :smile:
    Helvius Inebriato - Imperial Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Belladonna Faleri - Imperial Sorcerer, Aldmeri Dominion
    Drinks-under-tables - Argonian Templar, Daggerfall Covenant
    Koh'rona gra-Beerchugger - Orc Nightblade, Daggerfall Covenant
    The Beerwench - Nord Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Ican Hazbeer - Khajiit Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Yukan Hazbeer - Khajiit Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Emeritus - Dunmer Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Meretrix - Dunmer Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Ignitus - Dunmer Templar, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Obscurus - Dunmer Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Faeliinyth - Bosmer Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Byress Ginerva - Breton Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/beerbong_ginn Twitter: @BeerbongGinn
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what i heard , you can max stats without the racial bonus , so it might be better to just get racials that cant be maxed , like crit dmg , you will tank the same , but crit more.

Atleast that is the theory , only someone v10 would be able to answer i guess.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • Bayezid
    Bayezid
    ✭✭
    From what i heard , you can max stats without the racial bonus , so it might be better to just get racials that cant be maxed , like crit dmg , you will tank the same , but crit more.

Atleast that is the theory , only someone v10 would be able to answer i guess.

If this is true, then i will CRY. :'( Coz I chose imperial for that exact reason.

I hope by V10(Which no one should be able to reach atm) most of the stats are soft capped.

I hear the crit bonus mechanics given to some races is close to negligible. Only something like a 0.75% increase in crit chance in terms of mechanics. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Dammit, now i wish i chose a Dark Elf.
    Edited by Bayezid on April 2, 2014 11:25PM
    Options
  • tjvannevel_ESO
    bump?
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bayezid wrote: »
    Not trying to criticize the imperial race but do you agree that considering these racial bonuses they have, this makes them optimal for tanking especially in PvE?

Yes. Redguards too but slightly less so.

Options
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Imperials will have much of an advantage in tanking. The health and stamina boost they get will make them hit caps easier, but they still need armor and spell resistance to tank. They will just need to make up for this short coming with gear and enchants where possible. Seeing as armor can only have Health, Stamina or Magicka enchants, already being close to cap on two of these attributes probably isn't as useful as you think.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heared there is no health soft cap in PVE, anyone know if its true?
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
    Options
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are no hard caps, nor soft caps in PVE.

There is very wrong misconception that there is a softcap.

There is a system of dimishing returns, known as the overcharge system. Calling it a softcap is imo inaccurate, as it doesn't match softcaps of other mmos.

At VR, when you hit about 2500 health, you start to get dimishing returns:
    +100 health will only give you +50 health.
    And it wll scale down further - tho haven't seen the drop go below about 20% return. I can get over 3300 health however in cyrodil ( the cyrodil +500 hp buff ignroes the overcharged system), so theres no cap. Just gets harder and harder.
    In regular content I can manage 2750 hp. And I only do a 14/35 magicka/health split. Over 3k should be possible, tho probably not neccesary.

Re imperial racials, well servers down so cant double check but from memory (Guides out there are wrong):
    4/7/10% health and stamina.
    RED DIAMOND RED DIAMOND THE HEARTS AND SOULS OF MEN!

.. is truely awesome. It scales up very nicely as you level.
    +6 health is like at level 0 with some kinda api pull. Think it starts at 8 at lvl1.

At VR7 it's giving me about 150 health per proc. (I have very strong gear that increases my incoming healing though).

So yes. Best tank race by far.

Pay to win.
    Edited by Axer on April 30, 2014 2:12PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does emperor health/stamina/magicka buff ignore diminishing returns?
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
    Options
  • Bayezid
    Bayezid
    ✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Does emperor health/stamina/magicka buff ignore diminishing returns?

Yes it does. The cap for diminishing returns increases if your an emperor.
    Axer wrote: »
    There are no hard caps, nor soft caps in PVE.

There is very wrong misconception that there is a softcap.

There is a system of dimishing returns, known as the overcharge system. Calling it a softcap is imo inaccurate, as it doesn't match softcaps of other mmos.

At VR, when you hit about 2500 health, you start to get dimishing returns:
    +100 health will only give you +50 health.
    And it wll scale down further - tho haven't seen the drop go below about 20% return. I can get over 3300 health however in cyrodil ( the cyrodil +500 hp buff ignroes the overcharged system), so theres no cap. Just gets harder and harder.
    In regular content I can manage 2750 hp. And I only do a 14/35 magicka/health split. Over 3k should be possible, tho probably not neccesary.

Re imperial racials, well servers down so cant double check but from memory (Guides out there are wrong):
    4/7/10% health and stamina.
    RED DIAMOND RED DIAMOND THE HEARTS AND SOULS OF MEN!

.. is truely awesome. It scales up very nicely as you level.
    +6 health is like at level 0 with some kinda api pull. Think it starts at 8 at lvl1.

At VR7 it's giving me about 150 health per proc. (I have very strong gear that increases my incoming healing though).

So yes. Best tank race by far.

Pay to win.

How good is the Red Diamond ability anyway?

I mean it is a 10% chance that it will give you health for a hit so eeerm how often do you get health back everytime you strike the enemy with a melee attack?

Does the ability occur frequently?
    Options