The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rivenshire to?

estrong20b14_ESO
What is the area after Rivenshire for level 30?
  • pborerb16_ESO
    pborerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's Alik'r Desert. There's a quest leading you there from Rivenspire.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Can someone tell me please where the quest giver is? Or do I have to finish Doomcrag first? I've tried two times and can't beat the Gargoyle.
  • Starlifter88
    IIRC the king's wife starts the quest to go to Alik'r. It should be right after you pick who becomes the ruler of Rivenspire. After you have that conversation with her, a quest marker will appear in the north-eastern part of the map at the docks. You can use that to get to Alik'r at no transportation charge.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me please where the quest giver is? Or do I have to finish Doomcrag first? I've tried two times and can't beat the Gargoyle.

SPOILER ALERT

You don't have to defeat the Gargoyle. Notice the statues in the room (4 of them). Stand behind one and wait for the gargoyle to do his attack. Move away and the Gargoyle will destroy the statue. Do that for all 4 and the gargoyle will die instantly.

I found this out accidently because i like to hide behind stuff.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of the above is, of course, correct.

One small addition. You can travel to Bangkorai (higher level than Alik'r so be careful at level 30) from the bridge, to the south-east of Stormhaven.

I was able to complete a couple of early quests here before spending much time in the Alik'r. It places a few things out of sync, but not so as you'd notice much. The upside is that I took a couple of early Skyshards and rose up by two levels, which made Alik'r slightly easier.

NPCs here are around level 37-38. Nice challenge if you're at 30 :D