The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bots are here to stay unless........

Laerwein_ESO
We all complain about bots but let's look at the reality of the situation. If no one was stupid enough to buy in-game gold for cold hard cash, there wouldn't be any bots. They're only there because there are people who pay their subs that will pay additional money in order to get something more. I would like to see one game where the devs actually look at who's buying the gold and banning them. If there was the possibility of getting banned for buying gold, maybe it would make these people less likely to do it.

I will never understand the "pay to win" mentality, maybe that's my problem. It's a damn video game, why would you spend actual cash to get things faster? Isn't the point of playing a video game to have fun and enjoy yourself? How is buying stuff so you don't have to actually play the game to get it fun?

I'm sure I'll get flamed for even suggesting such an outrageous thing, but it's time to start weeding out those that are the real problem in the game. I thought that maybe not having an auction house would limit this kind of activity and I'm sure Zenimax thought so too. Obviously that thought was incorrect, it only seems to have made it more of a problem.

Just thought someone needed to say it, rant off now.
Main - Mylynia Detuyl - VR11 NB DC
GM of The Darkest Hour, DC (though we have plenty of EP and a few AD)
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree with all your frustrations, it's kind of like the war on drugs which also is going nowhere fast :(