Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer AoE rotation post 1.1.2 patch

Orain
Orain
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone,

Going forward with the increased cost to cast pulsar, what are your thoughts on a decent rotation for AoE PvE?

Volcanic Rune > Critical Surge > Degeneration > Spell Symetry > Pulsar ... ?
Edited by Orain on May 22, 2014 3:41PM
  • digitalprowlerb14_ESO
    umm I think you're in the wrong game, you got 5 skills and 2 weapons sets....its gaming for dummies. mash the buttons...you'll win lol
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too early to say, need to see exact change.
    Options
  • Orain
    Orain
    Soul Shriven
    crislevin wrote: »
    They refunded the points so us sorcs will need spend the points to get the skill back to see the impact, then if it is not feasible need to do an entire respec which sucks since it is expensive.
    Edited by Orain on May 22, 2014 3:50PM
    Options
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    My AoE rotation remains the same since they didn't touch the only AE spell I use HUE HUE HEU HUE HUE.
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orain wrote: »
    They refunded the points so us sorcs will need spend the points to get the skill back to see the impact, then if it is not feasible need to do an entire respec which sucks since it is expensive.

im hoping esohead's data is semi accurate, if so, pre-1.1.2 impulse costs 280 flat at level 50, and cost 5 magicka less for each lower level. So we should know the difference before spending the points.

Plus, its the only good AoE sorc has, not sure you can just skip it anyway.
    Edited by crislevin on May 22, 2014 3:56PM
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My AoE rotation remains the same since they didn't touch the only AE spell I use HUE HUE HEU HUE HUE.

So is it volatile familiar or overload?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Familiar, of course, what else has near infinite sustainability!?

Well, I mean, cast familiar, cast symmetry then detonate familiar, resummon. You will need Critical Surge of course or you will die, oh and good timing to keep things stun locked for as long as possible.

Overload, as we mentioned in the other thread, prevents you from blocking so that's no good =(
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wonder this, though I likes familier, how do you effectively control its location when you unsommon it?

Options
  • Orain
    Orain
    Soul Shriven
    ... cast familiar, cast symmetry then detonate familiar, resummon. You will need Critical Surge of course or you will die, oh and good timing to keep things stun locked for as long as possible.

So maybe Critical Surge > Volcanic Rune > Volatile Familiar > Spell Symmetry > Detonate Volatile...

Then repeat Vot Fam > Sym > and Detonate until done

Sounds fun I will have to give it a go.
    Edited by Orain on May 22, 2014 4:30PM
    Options
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by kasain on May 22, 2014 4:36PM
    Options
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    It'll still be elemental ring spam, even with the increased cost.
    Options
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Orain wrote: »
    So maybe Critical Surge > Volcanic Rune > Volatile Familiar > Spell Symmetry > Detonate Volatile...

Sounds fun I will have to give it a go.

You generally won't need volcanic rune because volatile familiar stuns for 2 seconds and CCs don't stack.
    I always wonder this, though I likes familier, how do you effectively control its location when you unsommon it?

You blow it up immediately or summon it next to something such that it will attack the closest thing.
    Options
  • Orain
    Orain
    Soul Shriven
    You generally won't need volcanic rune because volatile familiar stuns for 2 seconds and CCs don't stack.

Slight mod then:
    Critical Surge > Volatile Familiar > Spell Symmetry > Detonate Volatile...

And use Mages' Wrath for straglers
    Options