Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Single Target Sorc

Arovan
Arovan
Soul Shriven
I am a VR 2, Altmer, Light armor, Destro / Restro staff Sorc. I am 37 mana, 12 health. I am passed my soft cap with both magicka and magicka regen. I am very solid against groups of mobs, but have been having a lot of problem with single champion mobs. Trolls and Harvesters often slaughter me. What am I missing? How do others handle these champ mobs as a sorc?

Edited to remove ***
Edited by Arovan on May 22, 2014 4:44PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish we could handle them with our root but unfortunately it costs way too much and often these champ mobs are immune. I usually run out of resources and is why I would die to these mobs.

I do, however find that a lot of these VR Troll like power creatures can be Rune Prison'd. Because of the low cost of Rune Prison you can basically wait until you are nearly out of magicka and then cast Rune Prison and sit there twiddling your thumbs for 20secs trying to regen.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Arovan
    Arovan
    Soul Shriven
    I currently use a Clannfear to tank for me and a resto staff to keep my mana up and spam Crystal Shard until they get down to low health and Endless Fury them to death. But as you said, it gets messy once the Magicka starts to fall behind. Maybe I will add Rune Prison to my bar and try that out, but you can't wait too long against the trolls... They regen like, well, Trolls.
    Options
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how does resto staff keep mana up please ? plus where is rune prison ?
    Edited by crowfl56 on May 22, 2014 5:09PM
    Options
  • Arovan
    Arovan
    Soul Shriven
    The heavy attack from a resto staff returns mana.
    Options
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    how does resto staff keep mana up please ? plus where is rune prison ?

Channeling a heavy attack with resto staff gives a chunk of magicka back.
    Options
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you :)
    Options