The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuff to leave when leveling for VR boosting

Guppet
Guppet
✭✭✭✭✭
Right, since its clear that the devs are not going to add much content to get you to VR10 anytime soon, I have accepted that an alt is a bad idea. With that in mind I have deleted my VR2 NB. Now here's the bit your not expecting, I did this as it was the wrong race and the wrong name, not because the class is broken. So im recreating my NB (love the class despite all the negative publicity/bugs), with the name and race that I want to have for the rest of may days in this game (may they be many indeed).

Now this time levelling im going to make sure I do all the dungeons (even those from the other factions), as I missed most of them first time through. This would leave me over leveled.

Now I know that quests and other things from 1-50 still grant VR points if you do them at a VR level. So my question is what things would you leave to do at VR level for the quick boost to VR points.

Im currently thinking, all Dolmans, all world bosses and all single player dungeons.

Now I have no desire to just AOE grind, so I cat miss too much stuff or that's what ill be doing.

What things would you have saved for VR levelling, had you known from the start, that leaving it for VR content, would help you level VR, far quicker than intended VR content?

Edited by Guppet on May 22, 2014 10:58AM
  • Zerl
    Zerl
    ✭✭✭
    If I put any serious effort into an alt, I'd probably try AoE grinding to 50 then going through all the missions from the start. I don't know how much VR XP you'd get doing that, but there's no harm in checking.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually don't know what's on the 'critical path' that you must do to unlock VR. I once read you had to complete the story arc in the top tier faction zone but I know for a fact that's not the case so no idea what story arcs you do need to finish.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerl wrote: »
    If I put any serious effort into an alt, I'd probably try AoE grinding to 50 then going through all the missions from the start. I don't know how much VR XP you'd get doing that, but there's no harm in checking.

Just how exciting would AOE grinding for 50 levels be though?
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I actually don't know what's on the 'critical path' that you must do to unlock VR. I once read you had to complete the story arc in the top tier faction zone but I know for a fact that's not the case so no idea what story arcs you do need to finish.
    You become VR1 when you hit level 50 but you cant get to the VR zones without completing the faction quests.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerl wrote: »

Just how exciting would AOE grinding for 50 levels be though?