The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, I am colorblind......

Ryoendymon
Ryoendymon
✭✭
Howdy all, I am colorblind IRL, and so I have to ask my wife IRL to help me in char creation, and she pointed out something, she made it clear, that when selecting hair and eye color, the colors on your char aren't as clear as what you are selecting in the boxes...Anyone else noticing this?
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    I think perhaps the hair color is the color intended, and the square box ''thumbnails'' were a rough impression of the most prominent shade present. It's not exact, but close enough to give you a good idea. :)
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a hue applied to a texture, so it's going to end up lighter/darker depending on what it's applied to.

Also notice the darkest colors on the hair choices change the head adornment color.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat offtopic I know, but I'm curious how you handle enemy tells. I know a lot of the enemy attack cues are red -- red circles on the ground, red charge up lines, red cone on the ground... I've often wondered how someone who was colorblind would be able to distinguish those if at all. Have you had any problems thus far?
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well of course he has problems.
    Please don't start another thread about that.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda quick to take offense aren't you. Sorry I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the entirety of these forums.

If people do have problems then I have to wonder why there hasn't been official or addon support for colorblind players. Is it even possible to do something with it in the API?
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    Somewhat offtopic I know, but I'm curious how you handle enemy tells. I know a lot of the enemy attack cues are red -- red circles on the ground, red charge up lines, red cone on the ground... I've often wondered how someone who was colorblind would be able to distinguish those if at all. Have you had any problems thus far?

I have color deficiency. The red markers makes it tough, but manageable, I rely on lines, so if it's very huge where I can't see the border, I'm a goner. Also, the shading. Not sure about colour blindness though.
    Edited by Aeradon on May 22, 2014 3:25PM
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aeradon Interesting. Sounds like ZOS could do themselves a favor if they implemented a color slider kinda like with chat colors, allowing players to set their own custom colors for enemy cues.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nudel‌ Yeahp, I had always wanted to propose that, but they have too much bugs as of now. Features can wait. Charge up lines are the worse, I interrupt everything, white or red. Better interrupt than block right?

*edit*
    Nowadays its block while interrupt, lol.
    Edited by Aeradon on May 22, 2014 3:30PM

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    I've often wondered how someone who was colorblind would be able to distinguish those if at all. ?
    Several different forms of colourblindness, each one would be affected differently.
    Varying from just seeing it as a shadowy effect, not seeing it at all (especially on some surfaces), to seeing it perfectly.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aeradon You really should request it then. It's very courteous of you to bow out and allow for major bug fixes. But this is a pretty important accessibility issue if it leaves you and others significantly hampered in combat. Interrupt is better if the skill can be interrupted. Charged attacks can be, but power attacks need to be blocked. Some bosses can one-hit kill with a power attack if you don't block. So yea it's pretty important for you to be able to tell the difference.
  • Ryoendymon
    Ryoendymon
    ✭✭
    It is troublesom, depending on the surface I do not see it at all,but as with the gent with the deficiency, if I can clearly see the size of it, I can tell by edges where to go. But when its a large area, and on certain terrain, I am boned.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nudel‌ Lol, I'm by no means courteous. It's just priority. ZOS would realise this if they pay much attention, most games will push these accessibility options when they go competitive. Yellow/Green/Blue indicators with arrow/zebra patterns are much more popular now (I'm a happy HoN player), ZOS decision choice is immersion, I find Red the obvious choice.

I also played a private Ragnarok Online server (2 years) that uses 111111111111 to prevent bots, asking me how many red 1 are there. I F hated that, so did my brother and best friend cause I force them to sit next to me or answer that moronic thing whenever I teleport. Haha.

Also, I didn't pick NB as my main to have an easy game. Natural RNG is the best ;)

This is just a game. Living with it is funny as hell. My cousin got an kick arse tattoo thinking its all black, but the guy gave him red flower buds. The design has some small bad arse flowers, but the red killed it. We also lose count of how many times we bought pink stuff thinking it's white. Some things are meant to be done by the ladies