Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Players who get mistakenly banned

my9lives
my9lives
They made a mistake with mine. I am new to pc mmo's. Loved the other elder scrolls games. I'm banned right now, have been the day after I bought the game. Bought on May 14 with explorer's pack input all codes from game and the next day was banned on the 15th. Similar to the people the first week or so of the game who were wrongly banned. I have called back 3 different times to customer support on consecutive days since the 16th. On the 18th it was raised from routine to escalated and had my ticket raised to priority on the 19th at around 5 p.m. CST and am still waiting. What gives with being banned and tossed aside like a bot.

Question Reference # 140518-056099
Edited by my9lives on May 20, 2014 11:20PM
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    Did you buy the game from them or somewhere else. Keep after them. I was one of the falsely banned, I sent them emails three times a day.
  • my9lives
    my9lives
    Finally fixed at 11:00 a.m. CST on the 21st of May. took 6 days and they admitted fault. I log in and find that my 3 characters are without a single gold piece. I really don't see how they could spend about 2 thousand each at the tavern it 6 days unless they got hooked on skooma. I will also look into recovering my lost gold. I haven't bought a single thing in game.
  • drowned.thought_ESO
    Well your account wasn't mistakenly banned.

It was hacked, and used by a botter, and ransaked for everything it had. When ZoS found the bot in a dungeon, that happened to be on your account, they banned it, banning your account.

Happened to me in WoW, except I got lucky and there was over 20,000 gold (WotLK) worth of materials in my bags and maxed out mining, which I didn't have before, but all my gear had been vendored / disenchanted.

Happens man. As long as you keep on support, they should get your issue resolved.
    I noticed they take the AT&T approach with Cx(customer) service, ie, just tell them something so they can move along to the next Cx.
    Ensure they don't "move you along" as they 9 times out of 10 will do, and your issue will be resolved.
    Edited by drowned.thought_ESO on May 21, 2014 11:25PM
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Stronger password next time. Dont use common passwords. Including on your mail.
  • LeCreaux
    LeCreaux
    Soul Shriven
    I had an account stolen by a hacker in WoW as well. I discovered it within hours of it happening and CS locked the account within minutes of that.

When I got the account back a few days later all of the characters were either deleted or stripped. Its bank was overflowing with ill-gotten gains, the hacker was trying to set it up as the head of a bot army. For weeks afterward the account got mailed gold from the hacker's bot army.

All that with less than 8 hours ownership by the hacker. I stayed in contact with CS every time something got mailed to my account that I didn't earn.
  • my9lives
    my9lives
    Thanks I will keep an eye on my mail and update my info.