The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This game is great.*****

Menelauos
Menelauos
I've been playing since the early access, and I'm almost vet 6 with my dk tank.
I've encountered almost every bug there's been and submitted countless tickets, I've complained and moaned like most about certain issues.
I even found myself bugged in Coldharbour for 3 days with no quest progression at all. And through all that I have seen countless people come and go on this game, say they've given up from lack of that, and influx of this, but why the hell are you quitting on a game a month after release. Are they full on idiots, it's insane that you can quit on such a large scale game when even though it has some things wrong with it there's so much right, they didn't even give it a chance. Sure gold sellers are annoying, sure bots are too but they're in decline although once you hit vet levels there are none. Well I just fancied a rant, personally I think they have done a great job on this game, and there's a lot more to come. I just hope that the declining population (although it filtered out a lot of the ass trolls) isn't going to carry on and it starts coming back up. Cause goddamm if this becomes f2p, I'll feel that's when the games over. Cheers
Edited by Menelauos on May 22, 2014 12:50PM
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you clarify what you're saying. Are you quiting?
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL:DR
    Menelauos wrote: »
    Well I just fancied a rant, personally I think they have don a great job on this game, and there's a lot more to come.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me this game is good , it could one day actually be great , but at the speed things going this day is probably months in the future.

Reason i will probably quit when i get to vr10 (vr5 atm).

And anyway , the content for me ends at vr10 , im a solo player , it is quite clear after you reach that point and completes all factions , what is left is dungeons runs and soon claglorn, all group content.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree this game is very good and will be great when the bugs are fixed. If the *** quit early and leave fine with me.

It's really sad how the MMO community has changed for the worse over the years and the unreasonable expectations that have arisen. Prominent YouTube ranters and your typical teen's weak ego and fragile self-identity glomming on to what they perceive is a socially acceptable (among their cohort) point of view to pretend is their own doesn't help either.

But yeah, if the game goes f2p I'll leave as that is when the *** will flood back in.
    Options
  • Menelauos
    Menelauos
    NiRN wrote: »
    Can you clarify what you're saying. Are you quiting?
    Far from it, I'm saying that too many people left and didn't give it a chance.

Options
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving the fact that the population is down. Harvesting is easy now; finding runes is a snap; etc.
    Options
  • Apricot
    Apricot
    ✭✭
    I agree this game is very good and will be great when the bugs are fixed. If the *** quit early and leave fine with me.

It's really sad how the MMO community has changed for the worse over the years and the unreasonable expectations that have arisen. Prominent YouTube ranters and your typical teen's weak ego and fragile self-identity glomming on to what they perceive is a socially acceptable (among their cohort) point of view to pretend is their own doesn't help either.

But yeah, if the game goes f2p I'll leave as that is when the *** will flood back in.

Have you played Wildstar beta? If so you found skills working properly, no bugged quests, no game crashes, no blocked progression, no infinite loading screen, and a lot of choices to make and things to do. Love or hate the graphics or the genre - these are personal preferences - the game itself is incredibly polished. And it's still in beta.

When people buy a product they expect it to work. Nothing asshattery about that at all. SWTOR quickly became a joke after release. ESO has surpassed that. How is this even possible??

MMO's better have a polished game on release and they'd better have something more to do that the bare basics of questing, dungeons and PvP. Otherwise they have no business charging for their unfinished, inferior product.

Keep getting trolled by Zenimax. This game is done.

Options
  • Menelauos
    Menelauos
    Just cause one game in 100 is polished doesn't mean they all should be, and the elder scrolls online had a lot out live up too, all the mmo players expecting good graphics, a chance to grind options and skill lines. And all the elder scrolls players expecting amazing graphics, lore and quest line. So there have been a lot of bugs sure. But a month after release and they're all gone.
    And wild star is just another one of these grinding games where the swords are to big, it's fun if all you do on games is endless killing.
    Options