The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mac client still in Beta ?

Volla
Volla
✭✭✭
The client crashes on Cyrodiil more often than usual.
Feels like the Mac Client is still in Beta. Numerous problems.
Client crash then the error report crash on top on that.

Maybe its time to start prio the Memory leaks mac has ?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volla wrote: »
    The client crashes on Cyrodiil more often than usual.
    Feels like the Mac Client is still in Beta. Numerous problems.
    Client crash then the error report crash on top on that.

Maybe its time to start prio the Memory leaks mac has ?
    It's a known issue and memory leaks when found are fixed and those go into the updates once QA tested. They have helped some way especially in PVE but it remains that PvP crashes more frequently. We can just hope that the on-going efforts result in the issue being resolved or at least lessened to more acceptable levels in PvP.

• Saparok
    Saparok
    It's been weeks now, and it still crashes all the time.

Sure, they supposedly fix some memory leaks in various patches. But, unless they find all of them, it still happens. It doesn't even seem to be improving.

Having 18GB of RAM, and still watching the app crash every time it gets to close to 4GB due to only 32-bit client support is a major bummer also.

If you don't want Mac customers to stay subbed, just say so. If you do, put some effort into fixing a real show stopper.

Nothing is quite as much fun as being almost finished with an instance, and blammo. Looking at a crash screen.
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well it is hugely improved for the non pvp areas for me with my ancient mac pro from 2006 on 10.7.5 but on my mac book pro on 10.9.3 it still has short freezes such that i can only craft on it.

but in truth if i had not payed for the next few months i might have put this game aside due to the huge bot problem sucking all the fun out of the game i can turn off the chat system an ignore the game mail spam too, but since i am slowly leveling 8 toons and they are 10 to15 right now i need to gather and craft and the huge number of bots in the 10 to 20 zones makes that all but futile
    i am not a quitter but for the sake of this games future i hope they crush the bot problem soon
    they have sucked most of the fun out of the game for me
  • Volla
    Volla
    ✭✭✭
    Can honestly don't car less about bots. I just report em fast during gameplay and hopefully they get banned asap. There will always be ppl that trying to cheat in games.

What i think need to be extreme prio to fix in this game is 3 things.

1. The payment with card to not drag the double amount when you pay.
    ( Verify with a small amount instead of full amount )
    2. Fix the Quests thats involved in progress for going forward in the game
    3. The crashes on mac. (no clue of PC)

Other than that. Best MMO i ever played, been playing mmo's since 1999.
    Thanks Bethesda/Zinemax for such an amazing PvP system :D
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saparok wrote: »
    It's been weeks now, and it still crashes all the time.
    That's the point TBH. Weeks, is not a long time in development especially when trying to identify core issues like memory leaks or other game engine optimisations. And ever since the client went beta work has been constant on fixing and addressing issues with the memory crash the main focus of that effort.

It's frustrating for sure but in PVE content it is within acceptable levels, at least personally, as I now they continue to work on this and I am happy to continue to support our native Mac client. In PvP it is more of a game stopper still and I can see why others chose to either use Bootcamp or unsub for now.

In the end if there was a magic button to resolve this they would have pushed it by now ;) It's going to take time and the main thing they can do is keep adding fixes as they find them and keep players updated via patch notes as they do and these are not necessarily Mac specific but improvements generally to the game engine etc. For example in the new 1.1.2 Patch Notes they note;
    Fixed an issue where the game could crash due to a limited amount of available system memory.
    Even if it is not directly Mac specific, it may all help it.