Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK Armor discussion... 5h/2m or 5h/2L

yogarogue
yogarogue
✭✭
Currently leveling my DK with sword and board and 5 heavy pieces. Im sticking to my choice of using 5 heavy pieces because ill certainly be looking at a tanking spec, and I see 5 heavy as being a bit more advantageous for pvp. Also it frees up a spot on my hotbar so I do not have to stick razor armor on there. (with 5 heavy my armor rating is soft capped).

The real question is, what would I be benefit more using in conjunction with heavy armor? Light for the magicka help ( Im a Breton DK so I already have a bit of magicka racial skills to pool into it, HOWEVER, Bretons do not get + magicka recovery as a racial stat, which I can find on the light armor skill line ).

If I go the light armor route, would I be expected to spend more attri points in stamina? and add more stamina glyphs to jewelery, armor, etc???

The only reason I consider stamina important to me is because of deadly bash, blocking, and my melee taunt while tanking. The question is, If I invest glyphs into stamina, and attri points while NOT wearing medium armor, will I find it difficult to manage resources???

Thanks for your responses.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 light or 5 light/2 heavy.

You don't need heavy armor to tank in this game.
    Options
  • villiansvb16_ESO
    To elaborate slightly on the above - more magicka (coming from LA passives) means more class abilities cast (talons, dragon blood, ash cloud, fiery breath etc). Translating to more group dps, faster and safer clears. Razor armor will put you over the armor softcap, and you will have a higher spell resist.

The benefits of light armor far outweigh the loss of 1 slot on your bar. Heavy armor seems more suited to templar/NB tanking (where they either don't have an armor buff (NB) or not a very reliable one (templar, has to stand in the focus).
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 light or 5 light/2 heavy.

You don't need heavy armor to tank in this game.

Too eloborate on what maverick this is true. and from what evidence is pointing too Light armor is severly overpowering the DK . Making them indestructible self healing AOE chainsaws. Light armor soft caps are not working correctly and on top of it . Stamina builds and melee in general is completely underpowered.

But to answer you question yes you can tank in all heavy if you like . i do the healer loves me for it ,the runs are smooth everything is controlled and i mitigate a crap load of damage. but you can accomplish tanking with light armor using the correct sets while dishing out more DPS then your DPS. I dont think ZOS intended for these builds to be so powerful. so i do expect some changes with all the bitching that has been going reguarding DK and sorc builds.
    Edited by Wifeaggro13 on May 22, 2014 4:28AM
    Options