The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finding VR hard without using the cheap cookie cutter builds...

• Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »
    Cause I hardly ever see people bat swarming or using pulsar in VR questing.

/end sarcasm

fixed it for you

• glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was feeling the same thing on my bow/dw nightblade, I couldn't do much in pve and thought it was the contents fault. I spent a good 2 hours changing my build to be more single target spec'd with cc and now I can solo at level veteran over world bosses. All I did was change my aoe dw into a single target two hander. Now I have strife and degeneration on my bow bar with siphoning strikes and silver bolts, I get the boss to at least half, get my heal dots on them and swap to two hander, from then I continuously use execution abilities until the boss is dead. Usually gets around 500-600 dps at vet2. I know this may change at higher vets but still, having lots of fun after changing that :D
  • Lilth
    Lilth
    ✭✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »
    Yeah I doubt any sane person would look at my build and go with it. So I'm so far from Cookie Cutter its a laugh.

The first 50 levels were a training guide, to get you to understand your class. the vet stuff is the masterclass. heck I go and do PvP for a relax after a run in the Vet stuff.

Same. I have a mixture of everything in my build. I run solo most of the time and I do fine in Vet content. Yes I do die a lot but that is when you need to switch things up a bit and try different abilities etc...

This is just a test........ if this was an actual sig, you would have been mildly amused..........

• Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Just use the cookie cutter builds. Problem solved. They're cookie cutter because they work and because a lot of the other crap out there doesn't work. Someone went through a lot of respect money and deaths the hard way coming up with that cookie cutter mold so you wouldn't have to.

Don't try to be a unique snowflake. Snowflakes melt when they stand in fire.
    Edited by Wargasmo on May 21, 2014 9:26PM
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    flintstone wrote: »
    I don't mind the hard fights, but I get a little sick of going all the way back in a dungeon after I die..... and all the mobs have already come back to life! I know I can use a soul gem........ but I only have so many to use.

Some of the mobs come back to life so fast you can't even stop and look at your map.

I will agree that some mobs in this game do respawn a little too fast. That gets me killed sometimes too. As for having to run all the way back in a dungeon... Soulgems aren't that expensive ^^ buy empty ones, farm low level mobs... And you wont need to run back all the time. I try keeping close to one stack of gems in my bag at all times.

Good advice, and to add to this;

I also use the Soul Magic "Soul Splitting Trap" (morphed Soul Trap) because it fills two gems from one kill, and 2 points into Soul Summons passive for a free rez every hour.

Was worth the points once I got into VR and started dying more often.

Edited by Yankee on May 21, 2014 9:39PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can make decent money from grand soul gems in VR. Some people will pay for them in the store. It is not very reliable but I can sell them since some people have gold but don't want to bother filling them. The problem is that there was surplus of them from the first few weeks delve bosses. I expect that in some time there will be a steady market for them and allow one to make about 100 -200 gp profit per gem.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 21, 2014 11:14PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)