Hirelings

SDZald
SDZald
✭✭✭
I love the Hireling system, I look forward to the letter each day as it adds background story to the game. What they need is a bit more interaction. We should have to pay them for any mats they deliver to us, after all that is what they are doing it for. We should also have the ability to ask them to focus on certain mats we need and of course special orders should come with a higher cost.

It sure would be cool to actually meet them from time to time in game as well.

Any other ideas?
  • orntharon
    orntharon
    Soul Shriven
    Since you already spent skill points on the hirelings, paying them would be double dipping, and that doesn't sound too pleasant to me.

I would, however, like to see more interaction with them (physical Hirelings). If you could interact with them to level their loyalty to you. Their loyalty level would affect the probability of getting better materials from them.

Edit: increased clarity of response.
    Edited by orntharon on May 21, 2014 4:46PM
    Options
  • Rasha
    Rasha
    More than anything, I want the letters fixed! In the last three weeks, more than half of my messages are partial messages. Provisioning and Tailoring being the culprits more than 90% of the time. In some cases, I have gotten three words of a letter...

:(
    "Only in the darkness may the light be known, just as only the truly mad can ever be sane. So come Mortals, Demons and Gods, dance with me, and know the madness within!"
    ~self quote
    Options
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have any evidence of this, but I was told that the hirelings were no longer going to deliver the Urn in the mail, with which you could then log onto another toon with the highest levels in a profession to open them and reap the best benefits.

Instead, I was told, the hirelings will now mail you the actual mats themselves, according to the profession level of the character they are sending it to.

Like I said though, I have no proof and it could be the "I heard it from someone, who heard it from someone, who hear it.....etc".

Can anyone perhaps confirm or deny this?
    Options
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the fix currently implemented on PTS and was also mentioned in one of the upcoming patch notes.

You will still get the same mail, only instead of the bag, there will be items attached and they will be based on the level of that character not your main.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
    Options