The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HELP! Graphics problem.

tedrogerstoneb16_ESO
tedrogerstoneb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have played ESO since beta and have never had any major bugs. Now the screen flashes as if the cable has come out of my monitor even tho it has not. The colours are bright and flashy; they appear in the character selection screen and in game play but not if I open an interface like map, then they appear under it.
I have put in a photo below and any help would be great. I have never had graphics problems in a game like this and ESO runs smoothly.
If someone replies with an answer I may not respond straight away because I have an IT exam.
Thank you.

5uwoltqh84tt.jpg
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first glance that looks like a graphic card issue. Maybe overheating, or a driver gone bad.
  • tedrogerstoneb16_ESO
    tedrogerstoneb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks. I will check.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you're comfortable working on your machine:
    Try shutting off your machine, blowing out the inside with some canned air (available at any computer store/Radio shack, etc), then remove your video card and reseat it.

You would be surprised how a little oxidation build up on the contacts can cause malfunctions like this. Reseating the card removes the thin layer on the card and the receptacle. Reseating the memory while your in there is probably also not a bad idea.

If that doesn't work, open another program (anything...an image viewer would be ideal.), open the game, and then Alt-Tab to the other program and see if you have the same effect on the other program or if it's specific to ESO. (The fact that your compass, text, chat, and overlays are clear causes me to lean towards failing video card, though)

The good news is, if it does fail out, you can get one for $100 or less that will still run the game nicely.

Hopefully a re-seat and a possible uninstall/reinstall of the drivers will do the trick.

Good luck.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say try the basics first

Turn off all mods, SweetFX or anything else that "enhances the game"
    Drop graphics to minimum and "Reset". Also if you are using forced settings in Nvidia or AMD control panels, reset those too. Make sure Antialiasing is off in game and at control panel level

If it that works, start bumping things up in graphics first, then turn on a mod at a time

It seems weird that the 2d overlays are displaying fine and if this just started happening out of the blue.
    Edited by Tarwin on May 21, 2014 5:03PM