Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dan Bull’s Alliance Anthems"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official thread to discuss the blog article "Dan Bull’s Alliance Anthems." Let us know what you think of Dan's first musical tribute to the ESO alliances!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Insinious
    Insinious
    Fairly crafty. All hail DC!
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    Lets Hope Aldmeri video will be epic too..
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • redwoods707pub18_ESO
    redwoods707pub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    That was one of the worst videos I have ever seen in my life. I had to stop watching.
  • Depechenova
    Depechenova
    ✭✭
    Terrible. Try rapping about bots, bugs, Goldsellers, Poor content, The endless grind, That I'd watch. Oh wait am paying for that all rdy
  • bedford_jayb16_ESO
    That was a very large helping of crap. My ears are bleeding and i did not listen to the entire bucket load of crap that it is.
  • Wolfquest
    Wolfquest
    Soul Shriven
    I got two words into it and had to stop it. The lyrics seemed good, but I could not stand it being a "rap" song.
    What happened to the song tunes that actually went with video games that are more....how should I say... Relative?
    Edited by Wolfquest on May 21, 2014 5:13PM
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets Hope Aldmeri video will be epic too..

Yea looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for us. Don't get so serious guys he's just trying to get some faction pride happening. I thought it was fun :)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's well done but personally not to my taste.

Looking forward to seeing any more he's doing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JayFight
    JayFight
    Soul Shriven
    i like it, though i guess the opening music from ESO isn't as epic as say skyrims opening so it doesn't quite feel as awesome as them. but i hope the other factions are good too

Wolfquest wrote: »
    What happened to the song tunes that actually went with video games that are more....how should I say... Relative?

well this is a guy who just makes raps about games he likes( i presume he likes them) it's not like bethesda or zenimax hired him to make an official song(as far as i know)
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well done!
    Especially those lyrics and the adaptation to the ESO tune :smile:
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • aidan8et
    aidan8et
    I liked it lyrically & enjoyed the musical background, just not together. Sadly, proof that combining 2 good things don't always 1 GREAT thing. Upside, I could easily see this being stripped & remixed with a heavier base track...
  • badg3rband1tb14_ESO
    badg3rband1tb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome, creative lyrics and good sense of rhythm.
  • Ezrith
    Ezrith
    ✭✭✭
    I love ESO but darn that video was annoying to listen to! Music was not fitting what the guy was saying with the tone he was using. Because come on that was not singing just someone talking tough. Saddens to see so many negative comments about the game in the Youtube comments. Why people hate this game so much? I'm having fun!
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible. Try rapping about bots, bugs, Goldsellers, Poor content, The endless grind, That I'd watch. Oh wait am paying for that all rdy

Hopefully your just mad and raging, because no one is forcing you to play :p. Nice work Dan.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezrith wrote: »
    I love ESO but darn that video was annoying to listen to!

All (c)Rap is annoying to listen to!

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    Something about an English (queens) man rapping that sounds, phoney or it just misses the mark, somehow. You need a NY accent or Brooklyn to even sound ligit. Rap seems ghetto and rapping about or in a medieval game genre is even more off kilter. Ya needed to make it a spoof of a rap song if done in medieval times.Make it funny,comical,enjoyable.As is it is teribad...
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • harnessedyeti9
    harnessedyeti9
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this moron again? Does he have a head injury?
    Edited by harnessedyeti9 on May 22, 2014 7:33PM
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    Yes, head injuries makes for English accented people sing via rap.
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    "Rap" is not music, it's crap poorly wrapped around rhyme and without reason.

#My$0.02Worth

#BigHair

#Drums&Guitars

#Psychedelic

#AllThatJazz

#WeWillRockYou

#HASHTAGSAREKEWL
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• davidesuwaraub17_ESO
    Screw the trolls, too lazy to create something. That rap, like it or not, had energy and style...lots of fun, keep it up B)
    Edited by davidesuwaraub17_ESO on May 22, 2014 8:29PM
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official thread to discuss the blog article "Dan Bull’s Alliance Anthems." Let us know what you think of Dan's first musical tribute to the ESO alliances!

Total fanboy garbage!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Melenium
    Melenium
    Soul Shriven
    Bad, just bad, good rap is poor at its best with an uneducated fanbase who want to be 'Gangsta' thinking it is clever when, well it just isn't, ever. This however is simply and plainly bad.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, even though I'm not a fan of rap. I liked the refrain of "Let the Dagger Fall!" They lyrics were interesting and it was impressive that he could sing that fast. Kudos to the creator!
  • Adhal
    Adhal
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, its official. Anyone talking over a beat can be considered a rapper these days, don't even have to flow with the beat anymore. Garbage.
  • Thildora
    Thildora
    I belive you can do better. Love your skyrim Rap.
    Try to not have half nude players in the video and try to get deeper into the lore and feeling of the faction.
    This song seemed abit imature compared to your other.
    Sorry, but i personally did not like it.
  • bluebloodb16_ESO
    Totally crap ! Elder Scrolls need epic songs or sturdy metal, not crappy (c)rap !
  • bluebloodb16_ESO
    Edited by bluebloodb16_ESO on May 23, 2014 5:45PM
  • jdoe
    jdoe
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Oh man, I hope there are more of these for AD and EP!

And geez guys, I thought you were all just crying all the time because ZoS won't give you god mode for your char so you can keep up with the rest of us or walk with you to resource nodes and protect you from the big bad bots. I didn't know you attacked fans as well. This one is starting to think you're simply a plague sent by Molag Bal!
  • bedford_jayb16_ESO
    jdoe wrote: »
    Awesome! Oh man, I hope there are more of these for AD and EP!

And geez guys, I thought you were all just crying all the time because ZoS won't give you god mode for your char so you can keep up with the rest of us or walk with you to resource nodes and protect you from the big bad bots. I didn't know you attacked fans as well. This one is starting to think you're simply a plague sent by Molag Bal!

Im sorry if you cant understand that some of us dont like this song and find it crap. Fan or no fan of the game he made a bad rap song, I dont think rap and eso work togeather.
  • LoganInCamo
    LoganInCamo
    Soul Shriven
    I like that he wanted to do something like this, just hate that he chose rap. Rap music in no way fits here.