Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Surge = more Skilldamage?

Murmeltier
Murmeltier
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

i read through this Forum but i cant find an Answer so i hope you can help me.

I have the Skill -Surge- from the Sorcererclass and it gives me + Weapondamage. Does Surge push the Magicskilldamage too, so i can hit harder with z.b Crystal Shard? Or does it only pushes the Damage off my light/heavy Weaponattacks?

MFG Murmeltier.

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light/heavy attacks as well as Destruction staff abilities and Resto staff heals (to go a long with the other obvious melee weapon skills too).
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    If i understand this right, Destructionstaff Abilities like Wall of Elements and Impulse get a Bonus from Surge. The same with the Restorationstaff Abilities?

Then other Melee Skills like Dualwield with their Abilities z.b Whirlwind get this Bonus too?

And what is with the Bow Skills (Skills not the Weapon), it is a Range Weapon but it builds on Stamina, does Surge gives them a Bonus too?
    Edited by Murmeltier on May 17, 2014 10:14AM
    Options
  • chaosme
    chaosme
    ✭✭✭
    Surge increases weapon damage so it increases the damage for your weapon skills and light/heavy attacks. This includes the 2 type of staves.
    Options
  • jones52j
    jones52j
    Is Surge worth it since Weapon Damage caps so easily? Worth if it you have the Morph to heal?
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Weapon damage effect all damage based abilities including heals, it even increases bash damage
    Options
  • jones52j
    jones52j
    Im not Bash Sorc tho. With 1.1 I think Bash wont be King Ding as it was. I'm Two-Hander/Desto.
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    jones52j wrote: »
    Im not Bash Sorc tho. With 1.1 I think Bash wont be King Ding as it was. I'm Two-Hander/Desto.

Nore am I however it is a decent source of damage even with the nerf if it did 250 damage per hit along with other abilities would still be viable more of a pvp thing tho
    Options
  • Rioh
    Rioh
    ✭✭
    What do you all think about Overload? Should surge effect it?
    Edited by Rioh on May 18, 2014 2:33AM
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rioh wrote: »
    What do you all think about Overload? Should surge effect it?

I have done testing on this, it does effect it! And it gives you a third bar, so I run Mage light crit version, healing version of surge, and hardened ward(I'm a tank) with innar fire taunt and bound amour and light them up!
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge normally only affects weapon skills, not class/guild/armor/etc. skills... so I am a bit skeptical about overload... WTB TEST DUMMIES!!!!
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapon damage effect all damage based abilities including heals, it even increases bash damage

Ok so i read this right, Surge push all the Damageskills who belongs to the Weapondamage. That means Magical Spells like Mage Fury or the Templer Heals too? So Surge hit them all?

Then Surge is a nice Skill Sorcerer can have, or not?

or is this the right Version?
    Surge normally only affects weapon skills, not class/guild/armor/etc. skills... so I am a bit skeptical about overload... WTB TEST DUMMIES!!!!

Only Weapons and their Skills, including all Staffs? So a Destructionstaff is a Weapon who uses Magicka but the Skills belongs to Weaponskills, or not? No Guild or Classskills get the Bonus from Surge then?

I am confused now and i hope we can find one Version.

MFG Murmeltier.
    Edited by Murmeltier on May 19, 2014 11:55AM
    Options
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, all skills scale with two separate & not connected things.

First: weapon damage & spell damage. Spell damage affects all class skills, all guild skills, all world skills, the Alliance war skills...everything that isn't a weapon skill. Weapon damage affects...weapon skills (staffs, bow, dual, 2hand, 1hand&shield). Weapon damage also affects light/heavy damage (of course).

Second: skills scale with stamina or magicka, you can tell what affects the skill by looking at the cost of the skill. If it costs magicka, it scales with magicka. Stamina also affects light/heavy attack damage with all weapons (including staves, if you want proof, go watch this video on youtube)

So, templar heals are class skills, so they scale with spell damage. Resto staff heals are weapon skills, so they scale with weapon damage. Both cost magicka, so they both scale with magicka.

Werewolf skills are not weapon skills, so they scale with spell damage. They cost stamina, so they scale with stamina.

Skills also have crit chances that are determined by spell crit & weapon crit...this is not as clear cut. i.e. staff attacks are spell crit, but some class skills are weapon crit. While it isn't always true, in general melee or physical skills are weapon crit (so bow is weapon crit, but so are the melee nightblade class skills), while ranged and magical skills are spell.
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talmet wrote: »
    Ok, all skills scale with two separate & not connected things.

First: weapon damage & spell damage. Spell damage affects all class skills, all guild skills, all world skills, the Alliance war skills...everything that isn't a weapon skill. Weapon damage affects...weapon skills (staffs, bow, dual, 2hand, 1hand&shield). Weapon damage also affects light/heavy damage (of course).

Second: skills scale with stamina or magicka, you can tell what affects the skill by looking at the cost of the skill. If it costs magicka, it scales with magicka. Stamina also affects light/heavy attack damage with all weapons (including staves, if you want proof, go watch this video on youtube)

So, templar heals are class skills, so they scale with spell damage. Resto staff heals are weapon skills, so they scale with weapon damage. Both cost magicka, so they both scale with magicka.

Werewolf skills are not weapon skills, so they scale with spell damage. They cost stamina, so they scale with stamina.

Skills also have crit chances that are determined by spell crit & weapon crit...this is not as clear cut. i.e. staff attacks are spell crit, but some class skills are weapon crit. While it isn't always true, in general melee or physical skills are weapon crit (so bow is weapon crit, but so are the melee nightblade class skills), while ranged and magical skills are spell.

That is it, wow. I hoped to understand this Function with my old Brain and i was tumbling through this Thread but now i got it. Very good Information with nice Examples, thank you :) .

MFG Murmeltier.
    Edited by Murmeltier on May 20, 2014 4:12AM
    Options
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    I run crystal fragments, critical surge, fire ring, dark deal, and inner light. Using a flame staff my crit for those abilities is 46 base with 10 percent for the tri focus added. The surge takes my weapon damage from 140 with a gold bogdans flame staff to 192 so its a huge difference. Throw in purple sweetrolls and 3 trait potions and the dps output is truly great.
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run crystal fragments, critical surge, fire ring, dark deal, and inner light. Using a flame staff my crit for those abilities is 46 base with 10 percent for the tri focus added. The surge takes my weapon damage from 140 with a gold bogdans flame staff to 192 so its a huge difference. Throw in purple sweetrolls and 3 trait potions and the dps output is truly great.

The 10% from Tri Focus with a Firestaff, how it works. I hear you get this Bonus only after a heavy Attack? How long this Trifocus Bonus last?
    Options
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murmeltier wrote: »

The 10% from Tri Focus with a Firestaff, how it works. I hear you get this Bonus only after a heavy Attack? How long this Trifocus Bonus last?

I don't believe there is any crit chance bonus after a fire attack. I believe that tooltip is outdated, since my inferno staff light/heavy attacks seem to instead have a small chance to knock target down (actually happens quite often). And no, I'm not using Fire Clench (not to mention that one would knock BACK, not DOWN). I've seen even Blockade of Fire and Pulsar randomly knock down a target (noone else was around and I wasn't using clench, so I guess it can ONLY come from tri-focus)
    Options
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    Murmeltier wrote: »

I don't believe there is any crit chance bonus after a fire attack. I believe that tooltip is outdated, since my inferno staff light/heavy attacks seem to instead have a small chance to knock target down (actually happens quite often). And no, I'm not using Fire Clench (not to mention that one would knock BACK, not DOWN). I've seen even Blockade of Fire and Pulsar randomly knock down a target (noone else was around and I wasn't using clench, so I guess it can ONLY come from tri-focus)

I think the knockdown comes from elemental force (+% chance to apply fire, shock or cold status effects.)

At least, on an alt I started seeing mobs fall down from elemental wall when I picked up elemental force & he doesn't have tri focus yet.
    Options