The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Search by name and search by level in Guild Stores

Zimnel
Zimnel
✭✭✭
I'd like to see those two features in guild stores. It takes too long to review items the ay it is. A classical "search" function in the top, where you could write the item's name would be cool as well.

Both guild stores and guild bank need to improve the item search for an easier navigation and time saving : )
  • ebunts14_ESO
    ebunts14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Let see, you can select, lets say Armor, then then subselect chest, head, feet, head, ect. You can also put in item level you are wishing to search. You can also select the grade of the item, white, green, blue, purple and yellow/gold.

This narrows down the list of items that will be shown. You cannot however search for "Cowl of the Warlock" or other such items, those has to be searched thru in the results given.

So what was your issue again?
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    I know there is an addon for this , and lots of people will defend it , but hear this. Imagine you bought a car and paid for it , then the dealer tells you , what they don't supply a steering wheel or wheels and you have to go get them across the street for free from an unbranded shop and then install them yourself too. Absurd ?! That's kinda like , when you buy a game. Why should I go to a third party website , download some software (which maybe infected with God knows what) install it and maintain up to date forever after ? Didn't I already paid you enough money to get a simplest feature ? But like a lot in this game don't make no sense - I'm not surprised.
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • CombatBeard
    CombatBeard
    ✭✭✭
    Some addons can make things easier.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/cat94.html

But yes, it needs to be changed.
    Edited by CombatBeard on May 20, 2014 12:00PM
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let see, you can select, lets say Armor, then then subselect chest, head, feet, head, ect. You can also put in item level you are wishing to search. You can also select the grade of the item, white, green, blue, purple and yellow/gold.

This narrows down the list of items that will be shown. You cannot however search for "Cowl of the Warlock" or other such items, those has to be searched thru in the results given.

So what was your issue again?

What? You're saying the search feature works well now? C'mon!

The categories are way too broad (jewelry? Trying to get a list of, say, iron ore is an exercise in complete frustration). They don't even freaking alphabetize the list.

As the OP said, better search is critical to guild stores working, as are sorting options. Right now they are a mess for finding things. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me... or when you put 'materials' does it still come up with EVERYTHING?
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed...it's pretty cumbersome at the moment, and sometimes what you may be looking for isn't in a know category, so you are looking through everything. Then you punished for clicking to quickly and have to start over. Text search would really help out, and take away the 'you clicked too fast buddy!' punishment, but will try an add on for now.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the store search should be improved a lot. It is more or less laughable at this moment.
    -Materials should only show materials and have sub searches for each craft.Right now it makes no sense since materials = everything. .
    - Once I make a search show me the complete list don't make me scroll trough some really messed up list of on 100 that doesn't go up again when you press next.
    -If is chose to order by increasing or decreasing price, store that option and use it for all future searches until I change it. I have to select decreasing price each time,usually that means that I get an error for making to many searches.

The addons for stores are all terrible. It is not the fault of the modders though ,it's just that they have very limited options of what they can do and you end up with addon's that make the stores even worse.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 20, 2014 10:54PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are addons that do this but yet it would be nice for this to actually be implemented so i can look for a specific recipe or motif and so on... or material...

Their current system looks like some kind of test to see if people still want to use the Auction House so badly that they tolerate and search through junk for 10 minutes just to see that the item they actually want is not in that Guild Store... so they move to the next one.

Without the search addons and the like i would have quit this to be honest... as their current Guild Store is an insult not a feature. They could just add the usual features like search and maybe even the option to see what the *** you sold... yes there is an addon covering that too but again it looks like the hired the dumbest/cheapest developer team they could possibly find and told them to just go crazy... and they did.

This should be their priority once they figure out how to actually detect cheats so we don`t have people move through walls in PvP - if anyone wants to do this there is a program called Cheat Engine - configure it and you are set. You can now kill anyone/escape anytime/do anything. Don`t worry they can`t detect anything or the bots teleporting all over the map would not exist.

Enjoy!