The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Primary / Secondary weapon combos - what works?

jesterstear
jesterstear
✭✭✭
It takes a while to get a large number of alts up to level 15+, so I thought i'd take a shortcut and ask the forum - what combination of primary and secondary weapon bars work together?

I'm of the opinion that the two should probably be complimentary in some way. IE rather than two ranged DPS skillbars, or even a ranged DPS and melee dps skillbar , combine a ranged DPS with a healing one, or a tanking one instead.

My main has a 1H + Shield primary with a Restoration Staff secondary.

So when grouped I can swing roles in a limited way between tank and healer. When solo, I can use this to switch from melee to ranged.

What about if you're a bow user? Had a guildie ask about this in chat, what to pick for a secondary bar. He was leaning towards dual wield, because DPS was his thing. I was wondering if resto staff or even sword + shield might be a better option when things get tricky.

I have a low level sorcerer alt who is bamboozled with all the weapon choices, but he's going to have to face this one soon himself (level 13). Atm, believe it or not, he's sword and shield... what should his secondary be? Bow? Resto? Destruction?

I feel like I need to level another sorc because until you've gone full light armour, destruction staff, you've not had the complete sorcerer experience?
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is not always true that you should have different weapons in each tab. I did double destros, double sword&shield , and dual dual wield. :D . You can get a lot of versatility from just changing skills around and maintain the stability given by not having to completely change your approach.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally as NB I use DW on both but different weapon combos to play to the skills in the bar.

I don't have an alt past 15 yet but my DK is going to get a staff, my Sorc is going to grab a shield... while I am oddly proud of my NB there is no way I am not taking the easy route on my alts.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Primary / Secondary weapon combos - what works?

Pretty much anything if you think it through and want it to work.

Thankfully, with the way ZOS handled weapons, any weapon is feasible for any class. My main is a Nightblade that specialized in Bow, Dual Wield, and 2 Handed. My current alt is a Sorcerer specializing in Bow, Destruction Staff, and Restoration Staff.

Its all good. Just plan when and where to use what.