The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bot Trains - How/Why/HELP

AngryWolf
AngryWolf
✭✭✭
I'll be honest, I don't play many MMO's. The only one I've played before was Age of Conan because the graphics were great and didn't look like a Saturday morning cartoon on acid like the big named one I won't mention. I'm playing this one as I liked Elder Scrolls and think they finally hit their stride in Skyrim.

The good thing about Age of Conan was you could request help in game. Quest broken, Issue with another play, stuff missing, no problem, you can get in-game support from a GM(think that's what they were called Game Moderator?) Sure, maybe you had to wait a bit, but eventually the would show up and help you with your issue.

From the start of the game I didn't know why people where complaining about bots. What bots...I don't see any bots. That was probably because I was at a lower level and there wasn't anything at those levels worth exploiting. But I did/do my part and report all spam emails, in-chat spam etc. Now that I am at higher level...OMG! EVERY time I play I run into a train of 5 or more bots doing loops in an area. Dungeon, towns, waiting around to take down an in world boss in less than a second so nobody else can do it. I report when I see one or so, even got an add-on to make it easier to do it, but how do you report a train or bots doing laps?!? They are past you before you can do anything.

What I would like to see is the ability to contact someone in-game and they can show up, see for themselves and ban away. Instead you feel sort helpless, work your way around them and hope they don't take that ONE drop you have been hoping to eventually get and move on.

Till it's found why botting is so easy to do with the games software and can be properly dealt with...why not let us, help you, Bethesda/Zenimax? You get rid of WAY more bots and current game experience can bet a bit less bot-a-riffic.
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    AngryWolf wrote: »
    I report when I see one or so, even got an add-on to make it easier to do it, but how do you report a train or bots doing laps?!? They are past you before you can do anything.

Use this addon http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info181-FastReport.html. It will pre-fill the name of the last character that you've had your crosshair on so all you have to do is hit a key (you can set it up in-game) and file a report. The name of bot will be added automatically.
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"