The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

possible to change user name in game?

Volla
Volla
✭✭✭
Is it possible to change username in game ?
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By normal means no, not sure if you can have it changed by ZOS though.
    You would need to contact customer support to find that out, unless anyone else here has information which could help you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    Any normal MMO would gladly do it for you, if the name is available. But remember, I said normal. Good luck!
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • starstruck
    starstruck
    ✭✭
    You can contact customer service to have your username change.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dita wrote: »
    Any normal MMO would gladly do it for you, if the name is available. But remember, I said normal. Good luck!

Actually, most MMOs do not let you change your account name once it's established. At least not without jumping through a few hoops. Hell, most of them won't even let you change your character's name without paying.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭

Actually, most MMOs do not let you change your account name once it's established. At least not without jumping through a few hoops. Hell, most of them won't even let you change your character's name without paying.

OP was asking about in game name - two different things.
    Probably F2P would charge money for it, but the sub based, always was doing it for me free, as a curtsy, thanks for playing the game kinda thing. ZOS would probably charge money for it once or twice, and put some on hold too, like they did with subscription fees.
    Edited by Dita on May 20, 2014 2:57PM
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they had a feature to change the account name. I know some of the @names I see are very strange and most of us (including me!) didn't realize that this would be the name your guild would see all the time. Thankfully my account name isn't strange...
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just send a mail to the costumer support, they managed to change my UserID without any problem so I think it should be possible.

Just give them a mail and ask :)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is your account name. They aren't two different things.
    ----
    Murray?
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    2 things.

1. i would love to be able to change my character name ingame - i chose a really bad one, as my initial choice had somehow already been taken within the first 5 minutes of the server opening on the 5 day early access - i have since reserved a name on an alt and would love to change it. zenimax have said that they intend to introduce paid features like name changes somewhere down the line - i hope i dont have to wait too long, my name really annoys me now.

2. i managed to get my forum ID changed. it was some random name generated during the beta and didn't reflect my account name in the slightest. now my forum username and my ingame ID are the same.

so yea, paid name changes are coming, until then, i might have to petition a GM to do me a favour.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volla wrote: »
    Is it possible to change username in game ?
    I believe you can ask ZOS via the help, but no guarantee they will allow it.
    But you can always ask.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Volla. Our Support Team will be happy to help you out! We've created a ticket for you, and our Support Team will reach out to you via email.

In addition, we'd like to let everyone know that we have removed several posts from this thread as they were combative and non-constructive. Please refrain from nonconstructive arguments and debates in the forums, as they violate our Code of Conduct. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Volla
    Volla
    ✭✭✭
    o thanks :)
  • Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭

Actually, my account name is Psychotius. I don't have any in-game characters named Psychotius. If I want to change one of my characters names to Psychotius, apparently I must contact Customer Support.
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psychotius wrote: »

Actually, my account name is Psychotius. I don't have any in-game characters named Psychotius. If I want to change one of my characters names to Psychotius, apparently I must contact Customer Support.

Well, since you aren't the OP, that's all true. The OP was asking about their username, not their character name. Also, you can't currently get a character name change, although they've said it's a service they're considering adding to the store.
    ----
    Murray?