The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

an error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

csparks1
csparks1
✭✭✭
Since the patch this keeps happening to me.

I will log into the launcher - get to the character selection screen - be on the loading screen... the thing in the bottom right hand corner starts spinning - then stops. This has been normally happening to me - but after a few seconds it starts to spin again and USED TO WORK AND TAKE ME INTO GAME. Now it does NOT. Now after it pauses and starts to spin again - it takes me back to the launcher and has the error message "an error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and try again."

The weird thing is that I can go through this process with 2 character I never play and use for just storage - but when I try to use the two characters I DO play - this error happens >95% of the time. Last night I was playing and my bank was full so i went to character selection, went to my alt - pullled out stuff - switched to a diff alt - pulled out stuff - then when i went back to my main - "an error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and try again."

I uninstalled the game - deleted all the folders after - then re installed - took I guess all night to D/L - came in this morning, DID THE SAME DAMN THING AGAIN!! AHHH!!

Sooooo MAADdddd...
  • Valfaroth
    Valfaroth
    Soul Shriven
    I started having the same issue yesterday morning. It happened on every character. Then I left the house and logged into a different machine. Everything worked fine. When I came home and logged in yesterday evening, everything was working as expected. When I woke up this morning to feed my horses (heh), it's not working again.

Any assistance out there?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JasonL @ZOS_HugoP
    Edited by Valfaroth on May 14, 2014 3:54PM
  • slicercroeb17_ESO
    slicercroeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, same thing happens to me. I've found it helps if I turn other programs running in the background off, possibly something to do with free RAM, but I don't want to have to do that every time I want to log in! I'd rather not renew subscription :P
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    it cant be free ram i've got like 12 Gigs or something... I know thats not a ***-ton but it's enough to run what I have going

I really need help with this - i have already re-installed and repaired and it is still doing it.

I havent been able to get to one character since the patch - not once (my cook)
    and
    Since last night i can't get into my main character at V2 - I really wanna play - guess i will try again and cross my fingers...

ALSO - i went to cust suipport and said CALL BACK - they said wait <1 minute - been about 3-4 hours now....still waiting - I hate it when people lie to me...
  • martinb16_ESO80
    I am getting this error now as well. I was stuck in combat and quit the game, and now I cannot get past the character select on any characters, with exactly this error message.
  • Valfaroth
    Valfaroth
    Soul Shriven
    This is still an issue.
  • Valfaroth
    Valfaroth
    Soul Shriven
    No thanks to ambiguous error messages, I've found that it's an addon that's causing the problem. (The game must surely know what it's trying to load when it has this problem and should say there is a problem in the addons.....Instead of..."an error")

If you have ESOHead....Remove it. If you don't.....find the addon that's causing the problem.
  • Amaylia
    Amaylia
    ✭✭
    Valfaroth wrote: »
    No thanks to ambiguous error messages, I've found that it's an addon that's causing the problem. (The game must surely know what it's trying to load when it has this problem and should say there is a problem in the addons.....Instead of..."an error")

If you have ESOHead....Remove it. If you don't.....find the addon that's causing the problem.

@Valfaroth‌

That was great advice. I actually just deleted the /Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables/Esohead.lua which also solved the problem. The file was around 10MB in size, maybe this will become a problem for any other add on that also extensively utilizes SavedVariables?
  • martinb16_ESO80
    I had the same issue, and I updated esohead and that resolved the problem as well.