Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Inconsistency in world changing quests

10Club
10Club
Soul Shriven
Hi, I just wanted to post about an inconsistency I noticed when doing quests.

Some of them have clear changes after you finish a quest. Such as rescuing the burning village. Others seem to have no impact and it's as if you did not do anything. The quest where you need to destroy the South Beacon lighthouse as an example. After you 'destroy' it and teleport away the lighthouse is just fine and the magical ward is still blocking it. It just feels inconsistent where some quests have a clear impact and others do not even though it looks like they should.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I've noticed the lighthouse remains warded.

And XXXXXX YYYYs that you burn in the north remain unharmed/unburned afterwards, while the XXXXXXs who arrived on the YYYYs just disappear.

Have you noticed that several of the quests require you to answer questions to an authority figure at the conclusion, and the authority figure uses your answers to decide the fate of some otherwise 'normal' NPCs who just want to get on with their 'lives'?

My prob is that giving truthful answers results in the worst possible outcome of the options for the NPCs, whereas deceiving the authority figure seems to have been the better choice, had I opted that one.

I don't like being the character in the story who 'does the right thing' and watches the result being pitiful characters lead away for punishment, or a whole tribe thrown off their plot of land, for the actions or misdeeds of a few.

I'm thinking that the game karma I achieve would be elevated if I lie to authority.

Is this the lesson the game is trying to teach?

Social Engineering at it's finest.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options