The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can't start 'deadly whispers' quest

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i can see the "door" to enter somewhere in the harborage to start 'deadly whispers' quest but i can't find any way to enter there. there's nothing there, the icon is in the air. i've been trying this one for weeks, but i never found a way to start it.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deadly Whispers is based in the Dungeon Spindleclutch in Glenumbra (DF)...

Try cycling your active quest or relogging...have had the floating compass marker before...sometimes as a glitch, but usually pointing towards the exit...(game's way of saying 'This is not the cave you're looking for...')

Also, some quests (if I recall, this may be one of them) will not directly provide you a Map location from the journal screen.

Find Spindleclutch, enter w/three characters (it's a four man dungeon and will hand you your butt if you try to go it alone, most likely) and the quest will clear.

People are always asking for group members for it in the chat...

Happy adventuring!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm now on level 41 and that quest is showing on the map at least since level 12 to 14. also, i found out that 1 quest is missing in shadowfen and i can't find it, i'm not sure if this is related. as you can see in the screenshot the quest not only shows in the map but also in the place where i should enter. that's the place where varen opens portals, but i never got a portal to enter this quest.

i'm thinking in delete this quest and forget it, since it looks like its bugged, but i'm afraid of doing it and never be able to complete the shadowfen quest.

i've been trying to do this quest for more than one month, almost every day. i really don't get the point.

will i get any help from support on this "PC Technical Support" area of the forum or should i contact zenimax by email?

thanks.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make a CS ticket in game and use QUEST as the sub. The second screen will allow you to select the specific quest that you are having issue with and they will then look into it for you.

We had one like this in Glenumbra that would not clear out of the journal. We'd go the last area to talk to the guy to complete it, but the only option was "Goodbye"

We checked the achievements and it said we had completed all Glenumbra quests, so at that point, we simply hit Abandon.

You can always pick up an Abandoned quest again...something might be glitched in it.

So, check your achievements, open CS ticket if necessary, or abandon if it's been completed. At level 41, the quest reward will hardly be significant.

(I assume you have done Spindleclutch as previously indicated? (Did you talk to the guy webbed on the wall right before the exit after the last boss when you did? I don't recall if killing the last boss completes the quest or talking to him does so...I know that's how you get the reward item.)

Normally you can put something like this in the General customer service thread, vice PC support. Either way, they should get the info.

Making a ticket will get them the information directly (as well as the access to your account history etc for account specific bugs). Otherwise, you will have to wait for them to peruse this thread to see your issue...and they have a lot of threads to go through.

Best of luck.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS