The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STOP IT!!!

• bean19
    bean19
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    It really makes no difference what devs do to a game, theres always people gonna complain thingsa re to easy, and others will complain things are to hard.
    Some people play well, have talent to beat the odds, others just run around poking their nose with no clue.
    it will never change no matter what devs do. Sayed it before saying it again, 21st generation is complain generation.

This is close to right. The truth is that devs have metrics. They look at how often players die on content and whether or not they give up on it (bad). If content is so hard that a large percentage of players don't complete it, then they will likely tone it down. On the other side of things, if players are dying often (but not a ton) and are STILL completing challenges instead of giving up, this means the challenge level is high and they've tuned it to be hard, but not frustrating.

Look at the world around you and how many player deaths you see. Think about whether or not you die more or less than in other games and whether or not you give up more or less than in other games. I think what you'll find is that they are doing the right thing. . . which is making fairly minor changes to particularly tough content. I read the patch notes and they are all minor tweaks. They know they are close to the sweet spot and have hit it the majority of the time.

However, I agree with you that there will always be people complaining about the game being too hard or easy on the forums. Luckily, metrics and playtests are MUCH better tools for game designers to chart difficulty than opinions on forums.

• Emperor
    Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    bean19 wrote: »
    Emperor wrote: »
    I am almost always higher level than any mod in my current zone that I still have quests to do in and I have NEVER grinded for levels. . .

So you are doing everything and consequently out-leveling the content. . . and then you are complaining that the game is too easy when you are doing content below your level?

The advancement rate is actually about right for people who aren't doing everything. They might miss a few quests or a couple world bosses and still be within a level of the content. If you do everything, then you'll be ahead which mean you can choose to do easy content so that you don't miss any of it or skip ahead to content that you find challenging. Either way, this is a "problem" that you can easily fix just by advancing the main story-line quests until you find the content challenging. Then do sidequests again until it gets too easy and then go back to the main story. Rinse and repeat.

Haha... I knew you would spin what I said as soon as I typed it. Yes, I am out-leveling content because I do almost everything I can which is part of the problem. I shouldn't level so fast by doing the content available. They did a good job at keeping progression and leveling close, but we still level a bit too fast. I have never grinded for levels yet I am a few levels over everything. If I only do quests/dungeons once then I should be at the same level of mobs.

Putting that aside, it doesn't matter anyway. I finished the guild quests and main quests as soon as they became available to me because I wanted a challenge and they were still super easy. That is another problem with this game set up. If they won't increase the difficulty then AT LEAST let me challenge myself by doing high level quests at a low level. They make the big quests only accessible at a certain level instead of letting me challenge myself by completing it at a low level. This also takes out some fun in the community because people like to complete a big quest at the earliest level possible to "show off".

"WHAT?? That level 15 player has the trophy for completing the main quest storyline???!!!"
    Edited by Emperor on May 10, 2014 6:53PM
    If you like small group PvP (2-4 players) and solo PvP check out my video ;)https://youtube.com/watch?v=jechGImtFio

SPOILER: The first 40 seconds of the video contains a scene from the final Molag Bal boss fight!

• Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY???

I read the Patch V1.1 that is coming out with Craglorn and the fixes look great except for one major thing... You keep lowering the difficulty on multiple things...PLEASE stop making this game boring by allowing me to just blitz through anything that trys to stop me...

The game is already too easy in most cases and the few cases that actually provide some sort of challenge/fun keep getting nerfed!

Sorry, I usually provide more detail and don't just rant like this, but this is getting out of hand. I thought this game was for 18+, not a bunch of 10 year olds that never played a game before and are used to getting everything they want easily.

EDIT:

Here is a link to Patch V1.1 notes:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87867/patch-notes-v-1-1-inc-craglorn-from-pts/p1

I agree. Some people are struggling with the combat level, but nearly always it's because of the builds. I suggest combat training camps.

It would be a good place to have some dueling, but also some basic training in how to use block, interrupt and dodge along with some helpful tips on skill builds. Also a place when you can try before you buy skills and of course target dummies.

But more than anything a bit of fun when you are doing nothing. There is not much in the way of time wasting in ESO.
    Edited by Tannakaobi on May 10, 2014 7:03PM
  • rumpelsteel
    rumpelsteel
    Soul Shriven
    /signed

just got vr10 with my sorc
    Most of the Vr10 vet dungeon stuff was already way to easy as a vr5 :pensive:

Please fix broken Skills/passives/classes first, before deciding the games overall difficulty.

If you want to change something, fix the stupid anti mele mechanics, or add mor ranged ones.

If i feel not challenged. Ill just stop playing.
    Edited by rumpelsteel on May 18, 2014 10:46AM
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WHY???

I read the Patch V1.1 that is coming out with Craglorn and the fixes look great except for one major thing... You keep lowering the difficulty on multiple things...PLEASE stop making this game boring by allowing me to just blitz through anything that trys to stop me...

The game is already too easy in most cases and the few cases that actually provide some sort of challenge/fun keep getting nerfed!

Sorry, I usually provide more detail and don't just rant like this, but this is getting out of hand. I thought this game was for 18+, not a bunch of 10 year olds that never played a game before and are used to getting everything they want easily.

EDIT:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87867/patch-notes-v-1-1-inc-craglorn-from-pts/p1

The Veteran dungeons, are not veteran dungeons...
    Make veteran dungeons REAL veteran dungeons, and not only with tricky tactics, but also make it challenging in all ways, ALSO THE LOOT

I did over 100 Veteran dungeons, and got only 2 cloth parts of the set.. While i see other people running away with sets after 20 runs.. Me as a healer find this very, but very grindy and boring.. ( Rly want the set god damnit ) And only get med/heavy parts.. NOT ONE SINGLE CLOTH PART DROP OR WEAPON SET !
  • Emperor
    Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHY???

EDIT:

The Veteran dungeons, are not veteran dungeons...
    Make veteran dungeons REAL veteran dungeons, and not only with tricky tactics, but also make it challenging in all ways, ALSO THE LOOT

I did over 100 Veteran dungeons, and got only 2 cloth parts of the set.. While i see other people running away with sets after 20 runs.. Me as a healer find this very, but very grindy and boring.. ( Rly want the set god damnit ) And only get med/heavy parts.. NOT ONE SINGLE CLOTH PART DROP OR WEAPON SET !

What is the set name you are going for just out of curiosity?
    If you like small group PvP (2-4 players) and solo PvP check out my video ;)https://youtube.com/watch?v=jechGImtFio

SPOILER: The first 40 seconds of the video contains a scene from the final Molag Bal boss fight!