The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Request] Weapon Swing Bar

zeuseason
zeuseason
✭✭✭
I'd like to request an addon for anyone capable of such a task and if it were possible. In beta, some addons offered a weapon swing bar to indicate how long you hold your weapon swing/fire for to determine light & heavy attacks.

This has gone away and I was wondering if it were possible with the current API. I can't see how this would be game breaking, especially with bow players as bow's don't auto-fire like weapon swings/staffs do.

This type of addon could have some nice features with graphical representation as well.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found nothing obvious among the Combat and Castbar mods of ESOUI
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/cat112.html
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/cat25.html
    but did not look through every entry either.

As far as I can tell there is no event to use and every Combat API function is not allowed for addons.

I would love some way to autofire the bow (maybe only when not in stealth or when detected). It requires an unusual amount of focus to use right now (aside from fast firing light attacks).

If you jsut want to work on your timing, any combat log would do (I use FTC).
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is a heavy attack the same amount of time for all weapons or maybe just different for different weapon types? Maybe an add-on could just determine the weapon type, make a "cast bar" appear (after about .5 seconds so it doesn't flash up on light attacks), then fill to max the longer the left mouse button is held.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is a heavy attack the same amount of time for all weapons or maybe just different for different weapon types? Maybe an add-on could just determine the weapon type, make a "cast bar" appear (after about .5 seconds so it doesn't flash up on light attacks), then fill to max the longer the left mouse button is held.
    There are several buffs for attack speed (Nightblade Haste, Medium Armor, Destro Staff final passive), but it would be possible to guess it same way FTC and other Bufftrackers do it for buffs. If there was an event for it.
    The thing is I found no Event that is triggered when you start charging. There are only ones for hits and kills.
    While addons cannot use the Combat Functions maybe they could overwrite it to provide thier own Event System? Can't really test it right now.

Edit: Nope. No acces to Combat functions at all and there are no events to register the start of a chargeup. The best you can do is get a damage log to improove your "release aim".
    Edited by zgrssd on May 18, 2014 4:29PM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.