The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Did all the quests and only 48?

HashxBrowns
HashxBrowns
Soul Shriven
Title says it all really. I did everything in every zone that wasn't bug. I did all the solo/group dungeons. I just got done doing the main quest line and i am only 48. What to do? just grind it out? I think they need to give more xp for the quests or low xp limit for each lvl. I also did the fighters guild and mage guild quest lines.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In exactly the same position as you. level 48, all quests done. Currently hunting online to see if there are side quests I may have missed or if any of the lore books give out quests.
    Assume enough quests were put into this game for people to hit veteran rank as we see more & more veteran players running around maps.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And your point is? Move on to the VR content then ...
    ;-)
    Options
  • Red_Beard
    Red_Beard
    Soul Shriven
    Lots of PVE content in Cyrodiil - hit up an instance that your Faction "owns" and head over to Bruma, Cheydinhal or any of the other major towns and run through the daily quests. You'll get pretty decent XP knocking those off.
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    And your point is? Move on to the VR content then ...
    ;-)

Thought you need to be level 50 to get veteran quests?
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Sylinias
    Sylinias
    I'm at the same place at *46*. Seriously, da fuh??
    Options
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    Wow, did you sneak by every mob to do quests. I was 50 in the first area of cold harbour.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I skipped all group dungeons, but the first and solo'ed only. I hit VR1 in Coldhabor. Which alliance are you in? AD had more than enough quests to be over leveled all the way to VR.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read somewhere that if you solely depend on quests, it will land you at level 48 after completing Coldharbor. The calculation expects no achievements from dolmens, world boss, and solo dungeons.

Personally I cleared 4 zones and half assed Bangkorai, arriving at Coldharbor level 48. Got to VR1 within 2 hours solo grinding level 44 mobs cause I was sick of questing.

Just make sure you complete some dolmens and you're most likely good to go. 280k xp from 48-50 should be fairly easy, I felt myself being so slow sharing xp with bots, else the speed would be at least 2.5 times faster.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
    Options
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must have skipped mobs or didn't actually do "everything" before this point. I hit VR1 right as I started Coldharbour.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • Galeus
    Galeus
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I don't even understand how this happens? I'm 48, almost 49 and have over half the quests left to do in Coldharbor. Did you get the quest achievement for every zone you were in? I basically don't move on until I get that. It also lets you know how many you have left to get the achiev, so good way to track quests for the zone. I did all Dolmans, bosses, public and group dungeons along the way. I'm actually worried that I'll ding 50 and then have 15 quests to do where I get zero xp :(

To your problem though, grinding seems to be the way to go. I've heard its fairly quick with some Coldharbor mobs too. Good luck to you.
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have skipped 30-40% of the quests in every zone because I were outleveling all the time, v1 I hit after a few quests in coldharbour.

What you can do is maybe explore, find chests get ore etc get exp while doing that. Farm the vault of madness or other dungeons.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • bengtssonericb16_ESO
    Agree with former, i didnt do all quest in the zones, maybe around 90%. And most of the dungeons, i hit VR 1 before end of coldharbor. If you done ALL quests, you will be atleast 50 at the end of coldharbor.
    Options
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I skipped a load of quests and I hit rank1 before I finished the coldgarbor quests. And I didn't even touch the fighters guild quests... or dungeons... Or the PvP area.
    Options
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange. Take it you have done cold harbour? On my sorc, I was level VR 1 before reaching molag bal and on my templar, I'm 47 and only just reached cold harbour. I have done all dungeon, not including group, all dolmens, all world bosses but some were bugged, did every quest to get the achievement except 1 area on each which are bugged. On my sorc, I did do a lot of gathering so extra mob kills but my templar has been pretty much A to B with gathering what I see.
    Edited by Loxy37 on May 17, 2014 11:28PM
    Options
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the suggestion of also hitting other things going on in the areas at the time. its a timing issue...hard to go back now and do them. but when your in a region, keep an eye out in chat for people asking for help or "more for X world boss". Also try to do every dolmen in the area. they will pop up often enough that it should be available when your leveling nearby. rush to one if it pops or people advertise it popping in chat and your nearby.

Also grab a bunch of pockpicks and pick locks! chests provide a suprising amount of experience when you pick them (yes, even at 45+), and lockpicks are cheap...just loot every cupboard and set of drawers you come across, you'll have plenty.

spend some time in areas before you leave them (once your done with quests) farming some materials for crafting. use them for new gear going into the new area, or sell on the market for that extra bump in money. heck, i've even vendored a few stacks of basic mats I never used...it's 400g per stack at the vendor.

all that these things really do is keep you in the area longer, killing stuff and getting extra exp from accomplishments, which is often what boosts you over that critical level threshold. you skip most of the above, and you will be short.

On a side note, i find it ironic that a series that always trumped itself in creating games where you could do what you want....forces you to do EVERYTHING in order to keep up. sure, you can do what you want....as long as it's everything...

But I digress. run around cold harbor, gather materials to sell...killing mobs and opening chests. you'll catch up soon. I'm one of those that popped vr1 halfway through Coldharbor. and i was behind for the first 3 zones until i started doing the above.
    Options
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you not take the molag bal quest around 45? If so, do it and move on. I'm pretty sure you don't have to be 50 to progress to VR but I could be wrong. On a side note. Come VR levels, you really need to start doing everything, check online as theres an excellent interactive world map that shows all discoverable areas on it for each region, I don't use addons but I hear there's a few that can help with finding quests.
    Options