Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Templar Rushed Ceremony Morphed Honor the Dead doesn't work

gothickaiserub17_ESO
I've tested this a number of times Honor the Dead, stats that you will recover 15% of the spells cost every 2s for 8s if you heal a target under half health. However having tested this on myself and an ally at both under 50% and under 20% i can say this spell adds no addition effect.

Has anyone else had this work yet? Spefically I am level 12, its rank 1, costs 135 my magicka recovery is 22/2s after use it should add 20/2s however i continue to gain 22/s like clockwork no difference.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a separate effect from your magicka regeneration.
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Right, I wasn't checking my magicka regen. I was watching how much magicka I gained per tick. (Using an addon to display actual numbers) It's hard to just go with the flow and let immersion and feel do its work when abilities don't actually do what they say. I enjoyed the concept of immersion gameplay but I have a long standing history with MMOs and games in general with them not actually doing what the mechanics tell the player their doing. Hence I double check. I was hoping ESO would try to be different seeing as the base game offers very little in the way of double checking if the math is working.
    Edited by gothickaiserub17_ESO on April 4, 2014 7:23AM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: No, you're right. It has no effect in or out of combat, even when you're at 10% health.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on April 4, 2014 8:23AM
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had noticed this too. The other morph works great, to heal additional people. Thats unfortunate thats not working for regen, as this is one of the higher mana cost spells :(
  • Lumber
    Lumber
    ✭✭✭
    Hey here,

I've also tested this morph into a maximum of situation, and I also came to the conclusion that it doesn't work.

I reported the bug through the support ticket assistance in game and here is the answer (in French).
    Salutations Lumb !

Merci d'avoir contacté le service d'assistance de The Elder Scrolls Online ainsi que pour ce signalement de bug très complet.

J'ai pu transférer votre message à notre équipe en charge de répertorier et reproduire les bugs du jeu pour une enquête complète.

Je ne saurais hélas pas vous dire si ou quand ce souci sera réglé, ni d'ailleurs si il y a effectivement un bug, mais la machine est en marche et nous allons faire notre possible pour comprendre ce qu'il se passe avec ce sort et faire en sorte qu'il fonctionne correctement à l'avenir.

N'hésitez surtout pas à nous recontacter pour tout autre souci ou question que vous pourriez avoir.

Merci encore pour votre contribution à l'amélioration de The Elder Scrolls Online ! Passez une excellente semaine !

Cordialement,
    Florent M.
    L’équipe Elder Scrolls Online

In summary they sent the bug report to the team responsible for identifying and correcting (I guess) but they are not able to tell if and when the problem will resolved.

May be more return about this problem will accelerate the process.

However, this is far to be the only bug on the skills that I noticed. =/
    Edited by Lumber on April 5, 2014 6:32PM
  • Massif
    Massif
    Soul Shriven
    Hi!

I think i have found the issus about this bug.
    After hours of testing i notice that the buff only proc when after you heal the target is still below 50% hp

Instead of check the % HP before the heal it check it after . . .so only proc if you heal when like 10-20% hp depend of your maxhealth

how ca we report this seriously? I dont want a fix 1 month later for this must have heal for my play style

just try it in game (may be i'm wrong)
    Edited by Massif on April 8, 2014 5:35PM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Massif wrote: »
    Hi!

After hours of testing i notice that the buff only proc when after you heal the target is still below 50% hp

Instead of check the % HP before the heal it check it after . . .so only proc if you heal when like 10-20% hp depend of your maxhealth

how ca we report this seriously? I dont want a fix 1 month later for this must have heal for my play style

Good find. That pretty much makes it useless then, especially with Mending and Focused Healing.

Would really want to have this fixed as it's a pretty big deal. Pretty much all Templars pack Rushed Ceremony.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    So has there been any update on this? Either the tooltip is wrong or the skill is bugged.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Massif wrote: »
    Hi!

Good find. That pretty much makes it useless then, especially with Mending and Focused Healing.

Would really want to have this fixed as it's a pretty big deal. Pretty much all Templars pack Rushed Ceremony.

Just tested it myself and yes there seems to be a big issue for Templars here.
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Wow it checks after that's terrible (I really hope they change this).

How about the other morph option, for some reason in the Beta I had a terrible time targeting it, has anyone else had this issue? (Also I'm I correct in assuming the smart targeting goes for lowest HP value (not lowest %) and skips those at max health)?
  • Oneidas
    Oneidas
    To add to this discussion, a few Templar spells are not criting:

Breath of Life -(the other morph of Rushed Cermony) will never crit...EVER. Despite the passive up to 30% crit at low health, 20% crit from Inner Light, 10% Prodigy, and 4-8% from weapon for a potential 68% crit rate.

If someone will check Honor the Dead to see if it will also not crit, that would be appreciated. I already respect from it, because I knew the magicka regen was broken, only to find that Breath of Life is broken too if your wanting to run a crit based build. I'll just have to make do in the meantime with Healing Ritual and its morphs that actually will crit despite the cast time drawback.

Current list of known spell that don't crit despite Templar passives encouraging crit based builds:

Focused Charge(Its morphs are untested for me)
    Rushed Cermony(Honor the Dead-unconfirmed; Breath of Life-confirmed)

Spells I can confirm crit properly:

Biting Jabs
    Piercing Javelin(and morphs)
    Healing Ritual
    Sun Fire(and morphs)
    Mutagen

• gothickaiserub17_ESO
    I have herd, and seen in a video (from Beta) that healing spells (or many of them) will not crit out of combat (or on unhurt targets).

Here is the video it was very late beta so likely to be still accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByHlXarBD9I
  • Oneidas
    Oneidas
    I tested the spell at all levels of health. Especially below even 10% just to make sure. Breath of Life does not crit at any health %.

But to your point, I agree that all spells seem not to crit if you're at full health.

Even Biting Jabs tends not to crit on the finishing blow if it will kill the target without the crit. Spells seem to check for death before they check for crit. Or check for full health in the case of healing spells.
  • bladering
    bladering
    I was testing honor the dead in beta and it worked only under 30% of health and seems to work this way till now. I suppose it's not that hard for programmer to change number from 30 to 50?
  • Massif
    Massif
    Soul Shriven
    bladering wrote: »
    I was testing honor the dead in beta and it worked only under 30% of health and seems to work this way till now. I suppose it's not that hard for programmer to change number from 30 to 50?

not realy, it proc only if the target is stil below 50% hp after the heal

Edited by Massif on April 20, 2014 10:29AM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oneidas wrote: »

Breath of Life -(the other morph of Rushed Cermony) will never crit...EVER. Despite the passive up to 30% crit at low health, 20% crit from Inner Light, 10% Prodigy, and 4-8% from weapon for a potential 68% crit rate.
    i have regularily crit heals with rushed ceremony at least it is desplayed to me via CLS and SPBT, FTC though does not display any heal crits as it seems. if thats what you are using the problem may be there...

spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Manthys
    Manthys
    I've tested this skill and there is NO MAGICKA REGEN with the morph Honor The Dead.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and the other morph doesnt crit...
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    i have regularily crit heals with rushed ceremony at least it is desplayed to me via CLS and SPBT, FTC though does not display any heal crits as it seems. if thats what you are using the problem may be there...

Hes talking about Breath of Life, the morph of Rushed Ceremony.
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    Oneidas wrote: »

If someone will check Honor the Dead to see if it will also not crit, that would be appreciated. I already respect from it, because I knew the magicka regen was broken, only to find that Breath of Life is broken too if your wanting to run a crit based build. I'll just have to make do in the meantime with Healing Ritual and its morphs that actually will crit despite the cast time drawback.

Current list of known spell that don't crit despite Templar passives encouraging crit based builds:

Focused Charge(Its morphs are untested for me)
    Rushed Cermony(Honor the Dead-unconfirmed; Breath of Life-confirmed)

Spells I can confirm crit properly:

Biting Jabs
    Piercing Javelin(and morphs)
    Healing Ritual
    Sun Fire(and morphs)
    Mutagen

Honor the Dead crits fine, Breath of Life is the one that doesn't.