The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Veteran Level quests should have twice the Vet exp payout they currently have.

Pinn
Pinn
✭✭
Reason no one does vet level quests is the poor 2k+ payout (v2)while even Cyrodill easy peezy hubs pay 3k+.

Dolmens, bosses and delves are ok. Double the quests payouts. Make it happen.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately they reject any xp changes to PvE.

Which means you are constantly one level behind the zone you are supposed to be. I expect it to get worse.
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    The exp lies in turning Black objectives into white ones in the map, not doing the quests per say..
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO
    I recommend doing instances. I hit V10 with 2 1/2 zones left. Exp from dungeons much better at Veteran compared to 1-50.
    Clearing all skulls, dolmens and solo dungeons give pretty nice exp aswell.
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »

Which means you are constantly one level behind the zone you are supposed to be. I expect it to get worse.

O_o

I only did 3 out of the 6 VR dung... never done a quest in cyrodill after veteran... and ended up at VR 10 with all the last map still to do...

also for the OP... if you'r basing those xp value on what you see on screen with TFC.... than that value is bugged ^^' try mouseovering your xp bar before turning in a quest and after... you will se that VR quest pay a lot more than 2k ^^' on the other hand the value you see for cyrodill quest is exactly that ^^

the reason for this bug is that VR quest don't pay "XP" they pay "veteran point" AND "XP" ... xp are only used to exp your abilities and skill line... while veteran point are used to increase you character VR that is the reason why skill grow at VR just as much as they grow at lvl 50... and not much more fast even trough you'r making tons of "Veteran exp"
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭

O_o

I only did 3 out of the 6 VR dung... never done a quest in cyrodill after veteran... and ended up at VR 10 with all the last map still to do...

also for the OP... if you'r basing those xp value on what you see on screen with TFC.... than that value is bugged ^^' try mouseovering your xp bar before turning in a quest and after... you will se that VR quest pay a lot more than 2k ^^' on the other hand the value you see for cyrodill quest is exactly that ^^

the reason for this bug is that VR quest don't pay "XP" they pay "veteran point" AND "XP" ... xp are only used to exp your abilities and skill line... while veteran point are used to increase you character VR that is the reason why skill grow at VR just as much as they grow at lvl 50... and not much more fast even trough you'r making tons of "Veteran exp"

I've completed every single map I've done, including public dungeon achievements, and I'm still one level behind every area I did.

I had to do the areas underleveled.

And I don't PvP and don't expect to do so given the massive class and skill issues that currently exist in game. No TY I'm not about to go to Cyrodiil to be gibbed by a NB vamp or a DK vamp or to chase after a bolt escape sorcerer or eat Impulse casts in group fights while stuck in Dark Talons.

• sminkiottone
    sminkiottone
    Soul Shriven
    I do pvp/pve/group dungeons and I'm in the VR3 zone at VR5 O.o, try out some group dungeons, with a good group you can make 1VR every 7-8 hours in banished cell.

My guess is that you missed a big part of guests/bosses/dungeons because it is impossible to be 1lvl behind if you do everything :)
    Templar from the Nord
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭

O_o

I've completed every single map I've done, including public dungeon achievements, and I'm still one level behind every area I did.

I had to do the areas underleveled.

And I don't PvP and don't expect to do so given the massive class and skill issues that currently exist in game. No TY I'm not about to go to Cyrodiil to be gibbed by a NB vamp or a DK vamp or to chase after a bolt escape sorcerer or eat Impulse casts in group fights while stuck in Dark Talons.

did you get the achivement for the map quest? have you checked with onliny map to see if you missed any camp?

what VR are you actualy at? (until VR 5 i was almost always on the same level of the map or a little below... once entered vr6+ i started going over the map level... and ended up going vr10 in the vr9 map...)
  • jerzey_gamer

Please enlighten us as to your method of fairly quick acquisition? :smiley: As it seems people are comparing the grind of V1-10 to hell on Earth.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning