Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Aspect of Terror

NordJitsu
NordJitsu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This ability should not be limited to 2 enemies but should apply to all enemies with in the radius (which is already smaller than Dark Talons.) It is an easy to break CC anyway (unlike Talons).

Please remove the target limit and make this affect all nearby enemies.
@NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Nugeneration
    I'm guessing you haven't morphed it yet...
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing you haven't morphed it yet...

I'm not a Nightblade. But I assume you're talking about the Trap morph?
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Nugeneration
    Yes'em.
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nugeneration‌

But that kinda ruins the skill. I'd like to see it work like Fear in GW2 for example.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Nugeneration
    I was just saying the option is there for an AoE fear on mass mobs that isn't limited to PbAoE. I'm not sure I understand what Issues you are having with it? I've never played GW2 so you'll have to elaborate more on what you are wanting the skill to do.

As of right now it does everything you listed and more, is there something I'm missing you are wanting?
    Options
  • Vangrave
    Vangrave
    The fear trap doesn't really work all that well though - it's pretty unreliable about firing off even if you have 5 enemies sitting in the trap radius. It also seems to have some kind of setup time after the cast time. Personally I use fire rune - it does about the same thing, but enemies don't go as far away and it also does damage. Basically better for most content. The fear trap morph would be better in PvP in theory since you could send guys running toward your lines or out of melee range, but the trap setup time and wonkiness means it's also not too useful there.
    Edited by Vangrave on April 24, 2014 2:10PM
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nugeneration‌ What @Vangrave‌ said is spot on.

Basically, the way fear should work (on the base skill) is that all enemies in a certain radius should be feared away. Not two enemies. Not with a morph that removes the PBAoE aspect and ruins the skill.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • orablast
    orablast
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed Aspect of Terror is no longer working on mobs? The problem just started for me yesterday. I was using it just fine this past weekend.

I am still using the pre-morphed version. I was just inside The Middens (Veteran Grahtwood) I tried using Aspect of Terror several times and on several occasions with Elves in melee range, but no one would flee.

I had another situation yesterday fighting mutineers in Veteran Grahtwood, I forget the quest name. I tried using Aspect of Terror several times on the pirates with no success.

Update: I was able to use Aspect of Terror on a wolf in the wild. Perhaps certain mobs cannot be feared.
    Edited by orablast on May 16, 2014 12:57PM
    Guild Master of Thornblade
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Options