Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Sheogorath

TheBaldGuy
Simply brilliant voice acting. Need more Uncle Sheo content.
  • Deloria
    Deloria
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in bits over this questline - I still really struggle with the choice I made at the end (Not to make a spoiler)
    - Best ever quest!! Best ever ESO character. More please :)
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was definitely fun.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definatly, Uncle Sheo and Almalexia are my favorite characters so far.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • ViciousMink
    ViciousMink
    ✭✭
    [SPOILERS]

You know who I thought had awesome voice acting? The Molag Tong agent who goes into the hag dungeon to find out what happened to the prisoners, and got her eyes sucked out. Because when you find her, and talk with her....

Holy **** (o_o) The sheer horror of the event came right through in her voice.
  • yizudien
    yizudien
    Soul Shriven
    This guy is from the best ESO expansion ever
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks Sheogorath is the best hasnt met Dringoth.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • TheBaldGuy
    Doesn't ring a bell, what faction is Dringoth based?
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath's voice acting was good, one of the better in this game but, imo, still pales in comparison to Wes Johnson's Sheo from Oblivion: Shivering isles.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i smell an expansion :3 lets return to the shivering isles for the first time......hmm lemme work on the wording of that
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBaldGuy wrote: »
    Doesn't ring a bell, what faction is Dringoth based?
    Aldmeri, walking skeleton guy, my favorite npc, don't know why, he just makes me happy, but I have a lot of favorite npc's.

"It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • yizudien
    yizudien
    Soul Shriven
    I REALLY HOPE that they do a 15 man based on something this guy comes up with. I could not wait to get each of the mage quests done because the concepts around this guy are just fun.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks Sheogorath is the best hasnt met Dringoth.

Oh, I loved him, too. He sounded exactly like Dom DeLouise, but was much skinner, lol. Now I'm looking for Burt Reynolds, he must be around SOMEWHERE.

But Sheogorath, yeah, wonderful voice acting, wonderful character. I still say the "madness" thing is just a part of his whole disguise as one of the many faces of Coyote; I always feel like I'm talking to the trickster with him. Is he .. teaching me? Testing me? Or just having fun with me? Or all three? That's for me to find out, isn't it, Trickster?

(I did up to the level 20 quest so far, I'm level 26 now, don't think I have any breadcrumbs to the next one, at whatever level it comes at).

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still say the "madness" thing is just a part of his whole disguise as one of the many faces of Coyote; I always feel like I'm talking to the trickster with him.
    Oh, if you're familiar with the lore, he's not faking to be mad. He IS the Daedric Prince of Madness for a reason.

Yes, he's trying to teach you something. But in his own ... crazy way. Crazy like a fox.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    I still say the "madness" thing is just a part of his whole disguise as one of the many faces of Coyote; I always feel like I'm talking to the trickster with him.
    Oh, if you're familiar with the lore, he's not faking to be mad. He IS the Daedric Prince of Madness for a reason.

Yes, he's trying to teach you something. But in his own ... crazy way. Crazy like a fox.

A good trickster should always at least appear to be half-mad, really.

The sort of (face of the) trickster you need to watch out for is the one who presents himself as the sane, reasonable one. THAT'S the one that's the most dangerous of all.

Yes, I'm used to that sort of teaching from other sources, not all of them fictional.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but in Uncle Sheo's case, he really is mad. The other Daedric Princes made him so, just to blunt his power.

Doesn't stop him from being overwhelmingly powerful and such.
  • Blackrim
    Blackrim
    ✭✭✭
    So who here thinks Sheogorath should have improved animations to make him less mortal looking and more immortal
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did "Circus of Cheerful Slaughter" last night. Sheogorath always brings the fun.

Cheese, anyone?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Yes, but in Uncle Sheo's case, he really is mad. The other Daedric Princes made him so, just to blunt his power.

Doesn't stop him from being overwhelmingly powerful and such.

Hah! They fell for it. :)

All he did was put some underwear on his head, stick pencils up his nose, and say "Wubble, I'm completely insane and weak, you can go away now, guys wubble-wubble", and they were dumb enough to buy it. ;)
    Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on May 16, 2014 11:50AM