Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Just read your lines, Jorunn...

whatsername908
whatsername908
✭✭✭
Love the voice-acting and I don't really even mind the fact that he likes to go off-script, but almost none of Jorunn the Skald-King's dialogue matches his text. It's not really a big deal and definitely shouldn't be at the top of the priority list as far as fixes go, but I'm surprised how long it's gone without correction.

Anyway, something to eventually look into.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, i noticed this too :) Ad-lib much?
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody notice that when you go to turn in the Undaunted quest in Davens Watch the guy's text for starting to talk to him and finishing talking to him is out of place?
    (the "goodbye" text shows first, then the "hello" text plays last)
  • Thunderpaw
    Thunderpaw
    Soul Shriven
    He sounds sooo drunk half the time, I wouldn't expect he could stick with his lines.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Thunderpaw‌ I agree, everytime i heard him slur his words together i was like "Who is this guy?!" drunk ass nord :)
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    The voice actor is the guy from "Fargo", awesome weirdo Swedish dude.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome weirdo Swedish dude that sounds like English is his fifteenth language and I hope to Hate that he doesn't speak like that normally.

I like the voice. I don't like the manner in which he's speaking. ><
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just want him to give me the damn achievements he owes me.
  • chrisb16_ESO160
    chrisb16_ESO160
    Soul Shriven
    Jorunn is a Norwegian girls name. Yes seriously...
    Edited by chrisb16_ESO160 on May 13, 2014 2:32PM
  • whatsername908
    whatsername908
    ✭✭✭
    @stungateb14_ESO Yeah, I'm missing that one, too; just noticed it yesterday. Seems everything about that quest with Fildgor was a pain in the ass, including the achievement.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jorunn is a Norwegian girls name. Yes seriously...

Yeah we picked that up in beta. I lol.
  • Rasha
    Rasha
    Honestly, I've noticed quite a few instances where the spoken word was vastly different from what was in the conversation box
    "Only in the darkness may the light be known, just as only the truly mad can ever be sane. So come Mortals, Demons and Gods, dance with me, and know the madness within!"
    ~self quote
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done a few quests where the dialogue was German. At least i could read the subs to find out what was going on.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton