The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

barbaric sword.

orchidd84
orchidd84
Soul Shriven
i just made a barbaric v2 sword and the moment i equipped it i was very disappointed.
the sword should be rotated by 180° because it feels bad, like i am wielding it in the wrong way.
here is a screenshot to better explain it.
http://imgur.com/nZOOYq6
what do you guys think?

• Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Cutting edge looks the wrong way up, but looks fine apart from that.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
    Options
  • wafffllesss
    wafffllesss
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you don't have the skills to wear it the right way, perhaps yes...
    Options
  • orchidd84
    orchidd84
    Soul Shriven
    maybe you are right my friend.
    but still, even without being a samurai, i think i would wear a sword with the cutting edge in the right direction.
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow the sword looks terrible. armor is great though.
    Options
  • orchidd84
    orchidd84
    Soul Shriven
    i would like to read an answer from zenimax because it doesn't make sense and it makes the sword look terrible even being an awesome base skin.
    Options
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of real-life knives that have their cutting edge on what would appear to be the "inside" edge(kerambits to name one).

I don't see an issue with it.
    Options
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    That would make sense if this sword had dofferent animation. But I gues it doesn't so it's most likely mesh rotation bug.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that when it bends the wrong way like that it's technically a war-scythe, not that that makes any real difference.

Have to say though, I don't like the look, but that's just my own preferences coming to the fore.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    orchidd84 wrote: »
    i just made a barbaric v2 sword and the moment i equipped it i was very disappointed.
    the sword should be rotated by 180° because it feels bad, like i am wielding it in the wrong way.
    what do you guys think?

I made a dagger in barbaric... had to make a new one in another style :p
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
    Options
  • orchidd84
    orchidd84
    Soul Shriven
    eNumbra wrote: »
    There are a number of real-life knives that have their cutting edge on what would appear to be the "inside" edge(kerambits to name one).

I don't see an issue with it.

the ones that you mentioned has asian origins, like scimitar, katana and many other curved swords.
    schytes are arranged weapons, pretty much used in popular uprisings.
    both of these have close to nothing to do with a barbaric theme, this is my point.
    i hope for a ninja fix eventually.

i didn't check the dagger, i will and maybe make a screenshot !!! i am almost out of copper right now :smiley:
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the ones that you mentioned has asian origins, like scimitar, katana and many other curved swords.
    schytes are arranged weapons, pretty much used in popular uprisings.
    both of these have close to nothing to do with a barbaric theme, this is my point.
    i hope for a ninja fix eventually.

i didn't check the dagger, i will and maybe make a screenshot !!! i am almost out of copper right now :smiley:

How do you know what "barbaric" theme is in tes? Never saw anything called barbaric in other games. Oo
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • orchidd84
    orchidd84
    Soul Shriven
    if i think about barbarians, from the history aspect, i would associate them to straight and huge swords with huge handlers which is far from any asian style.
    nothing to say about the curved version, it is ok, i was pointing to the fact that the mesh is either bugged or it should simply be rotated by 180°.
    imagine to swing a sword with the curved part faced at you, i think it woud feel like it would get somehow "stuck" in the enemy's body while in the other way it feels it would actually cut and follow your swing direction.
    this is just theory, for fun, we aren't berserkers or samurai or some other *** :smiley:
    Options
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghengis Khan was the most infamous hostorical barbarian. Conan is the most famous fictional barbarian.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Options
  • orchidd84
    orchidd84
    Soul Shriven
    i don't think gk himself was a true barbarian; i guess it is more about the brutality and methods he used to conquer.
    i don't know,today i am at home with high temp, don't take my words too seriously xD
    Edited by orchidd84 on May 14, 2014 6:23PM
    Options
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Not enough information, could look like a giant kukri but can't really tell with out moving around a little to get different angles.

Edit: seems the dagger is designed that way too.
    Edited by Pyatra on May 14, 2014 7:06PM
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think gk himself was a true barbarian; i guess it is more about the brutality and methods he used to conquer.
    i don't know,today i am at home with high temp, don't take my words too seriously xD

I do not really know what a 'barbarian' is. I would say the romans were barbarians compared to us now as the romans said the gauls, celts and other people were barbarians then.

Using a sword like in the picture look kind of scary, brutal and barbaric :stuck_out_tongue:
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since Ghengis Khan lead a barbarian horde, I would say they were barbarians. Generally speaking a barbarian is any member of a group that is perceived to be uncivilized. Nomadic marauding groups like Mongolians fit this category. So too do Vikings, Gauls, Native Americans during the colonization of America. Though unquestionably all of these groups had civilizations and rich cultural heritage, it's the perception that counts to get that barbarian tag.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    I do not really know what a 'barbarian' is. I would say the romans were barbarians compared to us now as the romans said the gauls, celts and other people were barbarians then.

Using a sword like in the picture look kind of scary, brutal and barbaric :stuck_out_tongue:
    Barbarian was a word originally used by the Ancient Greeks to describe all non-Greeks, because that's what all other languages sounded like to them "Baa Baaa".

The Romans used it to describe all non-Romans, including the Greeks (despite believing themselves to be the true heirs of Greek civilisation).

Since then it has acquired a number of meanings, people who outside of civilisation (ours, or any, two meanings there), people who behave brutally, people who adhere to a code of Honour rather than a code of Morals/Laws (thanks Science of the Discworld series for that one), and of course people who aren't us.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on May 15, 2014 1:30PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • orchidd84
    orchidd84
    Soul Shriven
    you guys are amazing, it is very nice to read such informative answers.
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    what do you guys think?
    A lot of the weapon animations look awkward...two handed axes are the same thing. Zenimax is aware of this and is enhancing animations in the next major patch.
    Options