The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Newbie - Need help

bodean
bodean
I'm level 30 DragonKnight. I'm trying to learn/level my blacksmithing but it is a SUPER SLOW Process.
Is there any good guides that someone can recommend?

Right now I try to mine Ore, All my white/green/blue I deconstruct. I only had 1 research trait I could research, I've made nothing of value. Maybe I am missing something here, but want to get it leveling up. Please assist.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deconstructing armor and weapons is the quickest way I found to level Blacksmithing and Clothing. Also researching gave some decent experience as well. You are most likely going to need to go out and farm some mobs to get the needed armor and weapons.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • Doskias
    Doskias
    ✭✭
    If you are in a decent guild you should have no problem acquiring gear or materials to decontruct/craft and continue the cycle. My small guild of 20+ people are able to have every person have several skills maxed out even before they are lvl 50 characters. We have tons of mats and equipment in the bank right now. Cooperation is the key. And people think that is alien in an MMO lol. Maybe they are playing the wrong game.
    @Doskias
    NA Server Daggerfall Covenant
    Master Crafter Weapons, Armor, Potions,Glyphs, Food Coming soon
    Options
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to deconstructing, you should try to always be researching as many items as you are allowed.

If you are having trouble finding items with traits to research, look for a crafting/research guild for help. I belong to one where the sole purpose is to provide items for other crafters to deconstruct when needed. Someone asks for a specific trait on an item, and someone who has already researched it creates a level 1 item and pops it in the guild bank for them.
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
    Options
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah join a guild that helps out best way. I know it helped me hit 50 in what 6 weeks and I've been helping 4 more in my guild as well.

Trying to do some things solo is insane. If you can't find a guild find someone doing clothier and sway all the lt/med with them for hvy;/wpns
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
    Options
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    I admit it. I was stubborn and took the approach of being a solo crafter with leveling my skills.

This is so not the right approach. Going solo is easy with provisioning. Not really difficult with alchemy (once you get higher level water). But is all but impossible with enchanting and makes you want to bang your head with the other crafting skills.

Spam for a crafting guild and kick the tires with them until you find out if they are the right group for you. Whether they are or aren't you can get some help and bump up your skills much quicker than trying to manage doing it on your own.
    Options