The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

veteran1 in Elden Hollow

naturn
naturn
✭✭✭
So I am not sure if I understand how this is supposed to work but I tried to kill the boss several times and could not do it. I kited him as much as i could. I hit him with a few full loads of magic casts, plus hit him with countless arrows, with my pet was pounding on him, and all of this got his health about half down. Then he casts his circle aoe which I jump out of, the aoe changes to a cone which takes about 75% of my health. Then he hits me 2 times as I try to run out of his reach only to die. I made about 6 attempts with similar results. I played wow and killed about every boss there. I am not new to boss fights. I don't mind being beaten because of skill but this is not skill. There seems to be something wrong.
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    Could you like.. say what boss?
  • naturn
    naturn
    ✭✭✭
    It may be that they designed this boss so it can't be soloed at least by a sorcerer. I may be mistaken but I believe the bosses name was Akash. When you first engage a whole room full of adds with healers attack you. The boss appeared to be some kind of dragon knight because it used a 2h attack for melee. It also had a charge that covered the whole room and a chain pull. It had a circular aoe and a front cone aoe that appeared to stun and slow in addition to doing massive damage. As its health went down or perhaps due to the length of time of the fight it appeared to have much stronger attacks, perhaps going into rage. As a sorcerer there was no way I could melee this boss to interrupt anything. The 2h alone not to mention the aoe attacks would have shredded my armor and me. I did manage to get it to about 10% health after many attempts but after going through all of my magic a few times and countless arrows, it killed me without blinking.