The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To nerf the emperor

Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Replace the ultimate cost reduction with reduced stamina and magicka reduction remove the 200% gain... end of the immortal emperor problem
Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 22, 2014 6:44PM
One bow to darken the sun
One bow to unite the clans
One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emp is only immortal due to Vamp combo. Fix Vampire and then you won't have to worry about emperor.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor bonus should dwindle as his army around him dies.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire is all right by itself with a min cost of 80 without all those glitched buff. Would you ruin a full line just because a broken set of item people use despite their current level (dude if you still using vet 1 item at vet 10 theres a issue) allows it to reach a low cost? Emperor ulti gain should be removed from the game (200% gain what the *** im already ready to use ult again just by using invigorating drain once then here goes the ult spam! The issue isn't vampire its all the stacking bonus to ultimate available in the game wich work so well that a player can stack them to make ultimate cost litteraly go away!) the same as the akaviri set should be nerfed to a 20% reduction on all stamina based ability.

There however is an easy way to fix this for all ultimate and ill write it on paper here

Vampirism ultimate reduction passive at stage 4 draws it to 80 without any buff so far everything is good

When applying ultimate reduction from items or class those must apply to the actual 80 and not the 200 base cost

80- 20%= 64
    64-5%=60
    60-15%=48
    48-5%=44

Even then theres a cost on the ultimate wich force the vampire to fight a little and gain ultimate to recast however there is 1 important issue

1.The vampire has 5 full second to recover all his ultimate bar... its perfectly doable with a skill like the 2h sword carve or with just any spell or spec wich allow quick ultimate recovery

2. The damnable vampire gains 200% more ultimate gain because of the *** emperor buffs wich make it able to gain twice the regular amount of ult from all gain including passives. Now if I gain 3 ultimate per target hit with carve this just went to 6 (I hit about 3 per carve I just made 18 ult so I only need to use my spell 3 time to be fully charged in ult again!)

This is the result if we use a spell like vampiric swarm now lets look at those same mats with a 200 ultimate cost spell

200-15%=170
    170-5%=160
    160-20%=120
    120-10%=110

Now lets say the ultimate is shooting star the mage guild ult that recover 12 ultimate per target hit and deals the biggest instantaneous damage in the whole game.

12x2= 24 per target hit

24x5=120

Oh wait does this mean I can use my ult every second and constantly send the enemy team flying with insane damage and mass knock down an entire team at will? You see the issue isn't just vampire... just ANY damn ultimate ability becomes a problem due to all those stacking bonus.

So how we fix that so to never hear about it again?

1.Remove the akaviri dragonguard current set bonus and replace it with -20% cost on all stamina ability
    2. Change the seducer set bonus to something else
    3. Change the emperor Ultimate passive to ''all non ultimate ability cost 20% less and deals 20% more damage, Former emperor deals 5% more damage with all non ultimate ability or something of the like''.
    4. Make the sorcerer 15% reduction to ultimate apply only to Daedric magic and increase it to 30%.
    5. Make all ultimate reduction effect have diminishing returns depending on the amount stacked from multiple source
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 24, 2014 3:32PM

• WitchAngel
    WitchAngel
    ✭✭✭
    Emperor shouldn't get passives. Figure out another way to make it a viable goal to aim at. These highly overpowered passive bonuses, are just idiotic, and has no logic to them.
    Edited by WitchAngel on April 24, 2014 9:28PM
  • Utherix
    Utherix
    ✭✭✭
    Emp is only immortal due to Vamp combo. Fix Vampire and then you won't have to worry about emperor.

Pretty much this. A lot of what people have issues about, they don't realize it was because the players they were fighting are using the synergy that occurs when you combine vampire with certain ultimate and defensive abilities, including emperor.
    Edited by Utherix on April 25, 2014 6:31AM
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire isn't responsible for this mess in the first place. Any ult become overpowered the moment you use that combo

• crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    Hmmm... A single, individual player has an opportunity to EARN the ability to be Ultra Powerful?

I am gunna be straight up rude, ya'll are jealous as hell and should feel bad.

Earn emporer, become invincible. Or take the surrounding keeps and give your team the Emp.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed an emp with my group 3 times the other day...sure he was tough but it's doable. The point of the emp bonus is to separate the emperor from other players. They are the emperor afterall, they're number one in their faction, so the bonus is justified imo
    QQing is a full time job
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact that a player becomes a big nasty boss. When I was pvping the other day, a bunch of people found out where the Emperor was and everyone was shouting "kill the emperor! kill the emperor!"

They're always going to have tons of people trying to kill them - I think it's fine that they're hard to kill and really tough.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The emperor on my server is a melee templar. compared to a DK emperor, he dies really quickly vs 2 VR10's or even 6 lowbies.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    See this confuses me.
    Battle of hundreds of people..
    Nerf that one guy coz he is stronger than everybody else.

The Emperor is supposed to be hard to kill, there is an achievement for killing an emperor.
    So by all means allow them to be powerful, and achievement should be an achievement.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just change emperor ulti gain to reduced ABILITY costs to 50% (not counting ulti) and changing akaviri one to 15% reduction and bam you just solved ulti spams for most cases
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• mrfather2380
    The emperor is an emperor for a reason he should be beast and damn near impossible to kill with or without his/ her army. They earned the right no matter the way they got there, but they are a emperor. And a vamp emperor should be dreadful when faced.
    I do feel that if a emperor happens to be a werewolf his/her transformation should last indefinitely. The emperor should be feared
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    The emperor is an emperor for a reason he should be beast and damn near impossible to kill with or without his/ her army. They earned the right no matter the way they got there, but they are a emperor. And a vamp emperor should be dreadful when faced.
    I do feel that if a emperor happens to be a werewolf his/her transformation should last indefinitely. The emperor should be feared

This doesn't quite work in TES, however. The emperor is simply a man, maybe slightly above average. He doesn't suddenly gain god-like powers.
  • deathcoyrwb17_ESO

Vampire is not the only skill line needing fixing. A non-Vampire DK Emperor is almost as strong as Vamp DK Emperor. A Vamp or Non-Vamp DK(Non-Emperor) is weaker than their Emperor counterpart but are considerably stronger than every other class+vamp+emperor combination. TESO has a much more complex balancing due to freedom of builds across different skill trees.

So it all boils down to identifying and fixing the "root" of the problem which is the 4 Classes, DK, Sorc, NB, Temp. Balancing these primary classes takes precedence above balancing tertiary skill trees.
  • Phaistos
    Phaistos
    ✭✭
    Ruddertail wrote: »

This doesn't quite work in TES, however. The emperor is simply a man, maybe slightly above average. He doesn't suddenly gain god-like powers.

Now he does. Beware his wrath!

On the other hand, the emperor is no problem at all with a dedicated group.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol considering getting emperor in the first place is a marathon of no sleep vs others on a leaderboard, and then to even enjoy the benefits is another bout of insomnia vs two full factions trying to kick you off the throne, id say the super OP-ness is justified.

Seriously, whine less.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin