Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone play with a Wacom Tablet?

pixmation
pixmation
Soul Shriven
I am more used to using a tablet/pen on my computer. I found that the pointer (pen) will spin the world around in 300mph. Also sometimes when that happens, my mouse click in the game will stop working and resort to restart the computer, restarting ESO doesn't fix it.

Thanks.
Kinky Boots
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never tried a Wacom tablet. There have been issues previously generally with character spinning which was regarding High DPI setting on Windows so not sure if it is related. See this ESO Support article which is for Windows but amy give a clue.
  • pixmation
    pixmation
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, unfortunately I cannot find anywhere to disable that setting on a Mac client.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pixmation wrote: »
    Thanks, unfortunately I cannot find anywhere to disable that setting on a Mac client.
    What Mac do you have? Maybe a way if we knew and OS X version.
  • pixmation
    pixmation
    Soul Shriven
    Running on both iMac Early 2013 27" i7 with latest OS 10.9.2.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
    Doctor: "Then don't to that".

tldr: why not just use a mouse? I would think right clicking and other essential game functions would be pretty tough with a tablet anyway.
  • pixmation
    pixmation
    Soul Shriven
    Motion Graphics designer here. Have been using tablet/pen for years. I am much faster using pen/tablet than mouse and trackball.

Click pen down on tablet = left click, pen button is right click. Press and hold pen to move around. Works really well for me, as in WoW.

In ESO, when in cursor mode and in bag/skill/character/craft stations, using pen is much quicker for me.

• pixmation
    pixmation
    Soul Shriven
    Tablet is mapped to screen size, so I know exactly where to put the pen down in relation to where the cursor on the screen. Instead of moving/sliding cursor to where I want with a mouse/trackball. No overshot the cursor position.