Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Improve this nightblade spec.

GrimCyclone
GrimCyclone
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I play a khajiit nightblade vampire. Before vampire I specialized in siphoning because it is my experience in mmos that leech specs end up being the most survivable. Anywho, I'm health buffed on my chest, legs, feet, helment, and magicka on the rest. This way I get less diminishing returns. I also am a master provisioner so I use the best magicka+health food I can make 100% of the time unless I'm node farming.

I use dual wield (applicable passives only) and bow (again passives only). I find that bow is usually better for survivability, but dual wielding is fun and seems to be better for certain fights if I'm using leeching strikes. The dual wield seems to charge up the pools quicker than the bow.

Right now I am VR2.5 and still managing to do well. Things seem to have a bit more HP, but I'm still able to cut them down up to like 5 at a time with devouring swarm and drain essense. The fire weakness from vampire sucks, but I have two 1000FR glyphs. I'm just getting the right jewelry to put them on. I have quest ones atm so I can't enchant them.

Also, I've been trying out double axes recently. The bleed effect seems nice, but some creatures are completely immune to it which sucks. Other than just improving the spec for solo power, what are the best dual wield weapons for this build? Other than axes I like the constant damage increase swords have. And of the three elemental enchantments, which is preferable? Fire, ice, or lightning?

Thanks for your advice.

0Goojjq.jpg
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you didn't say at all is what your build is. what actives are you using? whats your current rotations?
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mention those because I don't need help with that. I mentioned the two umbrellas where my skills come from(siphoning/vampire), but I'm using the ones that are most efficient from the two lines depending on the situation ranged or melee.

I'm most interested in knowing any critiques on what I've listed here. Besides, if I did mention my 2 sets of 5-slotted skills, I'd rather not get into an argument over what works best. I'd rather know a better foundation. Once slotted it's pretty easy to know what's going to work best aside from skills working less or more than they are intended for.

Rather than deciding on burst or dot dps, I'm more interested in solo survivability. I don't care about how efficient I can deal out dps. As I said, it's fairly easy if you can do math. What I do care about is being able to handle as much content as I can solo.

I don't think there is a better possible foundation than vampire/siphoning/bow as far as nightblade atm. The only argument that might be made is a greater burst dps with a bow that might work better for a single target or at most 3. But I doubt I could be outdone on a group of 5. 5 being the max I encounter. Without drain essence and devouring swarm, 5 usually isn't going to happen.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no spec to critique just a somewhat vague concept .
    The only response I can give is that I do not like it in the least since it is a vampire and uses bow. I dislike vampire because they suck and I dislike bow because I can see any way to make it do competitive dps with one post VR3 when it it even loses some of it's utility to bosses being immune ta everything.

I think If you want survivability the best you can do is a tank build with shield and siphoning without vampire. I was able to solo groups of 8 VR7 crocodiles and tigers in a group public dungeon.If you manage your resources well you can do very good with a NB tank with no need fear fire. For single target there isn't really anything that comes close to shadowy disguise+surprise attack + heavy attack combos and it works surprisingly well with 5Heavy+2medium and sword an board.

Edited by PBpsy on May 12, 2014 11:25PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Main critique is neither of your weapon skills is destro staff. You're going to want that unless you like questing a LOT. If you don't want to have babies with questing and don't want to go destro staff, make friends with lots of sorcerers & DKs so you can glom onto them and have access to all the dungeon glitching and repetition between VR5 and 10.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well less you actually give a spec my critique is....yes sounds good...i guess.

knowing you are a vampire siphoning bow user is not a spec. This is a spec

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcsz9s8GFlT8w2lm8IryJ8IPU48IrtP8IPwB8injI8innv8IPQe8IPbk8IPU48DohZ8t7mrsgW8g7rbsXy6LsXx8C7mLzqq8D7mrzdM6Lzdm8F7xLzrJ6LzrO6Lbuy6Lbut8zz7zztyfm8zf7ozNbo6rNbk8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Do this and show us what your doing and maybe people can help improve your spec as you are asking.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For surviability I think a Resto staff is far superior. Not only does it increase your damage, will have you siphoning more health, but a heavy attack will heal you with passives. You can also throw heal spells on. With the right spec it can put out pretty good damage as well.

When I do dual wield I usually go daggers. Things seem to die to fast for the bleed effect of axes. I think the crit seems to make sense with khajit. For the record im a Khajit Vampire NB and went 0/49/0 all attributes in to health. That allows me to not have to put any health on my armor and focus on the attributes I really want to do. I have been known to go 7 light, 7 medium and 5 heavy/2 light. I have done DW/Bow, Resto Staff, 1 Hand/Shield. I have two specs one for tanking and one for DPS. Right now I'm just about VR5 and am using an offensive Resto staff build that gives me great surviability for the packs of 3-4 you see in the VR levels.
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    5/2 split medium and light. Dual wield and 1hs.

Siphoning attacks on both bars.

Tool dual wield for aoe. Refreshing path, steel tornado, lotus fan, swallow soul. Soul tether ult.
    Drain power and volcanic rune are cool too.

1hs tool it for single target.
    Concealed weapon, crit cloak, stun charge, swallow soul. Dealers choice on ult.

Or you know, just do whatever you want.
    Edited by Sleepydan on May 13, 2014 10:51PM
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least some of you understood what I was asking.

Thanks, I'm going to try that out.