Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Suggestions for nightblade ability changes

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Bug fixes aside, these are some quality of life changes I'd like to see made to nightblade abilities. Feel free to post your own or discuss those here.

Assassination Tree

Mark Target:
Instead of reducing the target's armor and spell resistance, have this ability simply provide a damage boost against the target for the duration. It's already been said dozens of times that armor reduction abilities do not seem to function in PvE, and the most likely reason is that PvE targets do not have any armor - they're balanced based on hit point limits rather than damage reduction.
Also, I do not think it's necessary to have Mark target negatively effect the nightblade when used. You're not marking yourself.
Lastly, give the mark a visual effect that can be seen by both the nightblade and allied players (and possibly the enemy as well) so that it can be used as a focus fire technique.

Haste:
Make haste effect weapon abilities as well as light and heavy attack speeds. A 30% reduction in the cast time for things like uppercut or snipe would be far more useful than spamming a bunch of light attacks. Currently the only ability this skill has synergy with is siphoning strikes, which isnt even in the same tree.

Shadow Tree

Aspect of Terror:
As a crowd control method, this either needs to effect a larger number of targets, or it needs a longer effective duration. Perhaps change the morphs, causing mass hysteria to instead apply fear to up to 5 targets, and manifestation of terror to only effect a single target but last for 10 seconds.

Summon Shade:
Change the graphic effect on this ability to look like an exact copy of the player that cast it, and have the shade(s) utilize animations from abilities that are slotted on the player's ability bar.
This way the ability would function as a sort of 'mirror image' in pvp, making it more difficult for players to figure out which of the 2-3 enemies they're seeing is actually the player. If necessary, have abilities like magelight reveal the shades to create a counter.
It would also be nice if the shades had some form of taunt for pve use, to allow them to tank a target or two for the nightblade when soloing.

PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Elidas
    Elidas
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Mark Target:
    Also, I do not think it's necessary to have Mark target negatively effect the nightblade when used. You're not marking yourself.
    Lastly, give the mark a visual effect that can be seen by both the nightblade and allied players (and possibly the enemy as well) so that it can be used as a focus fire technique.

Haste:
    Make haste effect weapon abilities as well as light and heavy attack speeds. A 30% reduction in the cast time for things like uppercut or snipe would be far more useful than spamming a bunch of light attacks. Currently the only ability this skill has synergy with is siphoning strikes, which isnt even in the same tree.

Summon Shade:
    Change the graphic effect on this ability to look like an exact copy of the player that cast it, and have the shade(s) utilize animations from abilities that are slotted on the player's ability bar.
    This way the ability would function as a sort of 'mirror image' in pvp, making it more difficult for players to figure out which of the 2-3 enemies they're seeing is actually the player. If necessary, have abilities like magelight reveal the shades to create a counter.
    It would also be nice if the shades had some form of taunt for pve use, to allow them to tank a target or two for the nightblade when soloing.

Yes please, that would be nice to see. Mark target seems like a suicide right now, the target gets the same benefits than you plus he didn't waste half his magicka to do it. Right now in PvP 1v1 is a stupid skill.
    I have used Haste with my bow and I don't notice any speed bonus, I suppose it is a bug (another one)
    Summon shade is useless, I tried in PvE and PvP and the damage done by the shadow is pathetic, also it takes a time for the shadow to reach the target and follow him. The shadow can't even jump or climb walls, like if a shadow was affected by gravity or something like that. Why can't I cast shadow over an enemy on top of a wall?
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Mark target is okay since it is mainly used in PvP and also can be used in PvE for health restore