Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Negate Magic Bugged?

Adena
Adena
The tooltip indicates that it costs 250 ultimate, but even when I have 1000 ultimate it goes straight back to 0 when I activate this ability. Is the tooltip wrong or is this a bug?

I had hoped to be able to stun things then swap to Overload to fry their helpless water-filled, highly conductive bodies. :(
Edited by Adena on April 7, 2014 6:20AM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using an Ultimate drains all your Ultimate points. You can't save up Ultimate points for multiple Ultimates.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    I will have to pay closer attention in combat as well , but if this is true , then it really sucks . Normally , i am albe to use Energy Overload for an extended period of time , going through packs of 6-7 mobs ( i use Lightning Form for the protection and watch them fall :) ) and still have some left for an other short one afterwards.
    If the Ultimates that don't have a togle consume all your resources even though the tool tip sais , it consumes x amount then , its either a bug , or if it is intended , at a later date in the game's like , they should update the description to match the cost , or say : drains you ultimate resource completely , to use this ability.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely intended. Otherwise people could store up a bunch of Ulti on mobs and then unleash say ten consecutive Crescent Sweeps on an unfortunate soul.
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    It's definitely intended. Otherwise people could store up a bunch of Ulti on mobs and then unleash say ten consecutive Crescent Sweeps on an unfortunate soul.

I would hate to be that unfortunate soul. But like stated, it is intended for that reason, the displayed ultimate is just the minimum amount you need to execute the skill. Ultimates that have low costs and drain ultimate (i.e. Overload) can really shine with this.
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    For me it is bugged, because the "dome" graphical effect does not always appear for me, but the enemys are affected. Very annoying. :/
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net